2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
"[Ancelotti] was always asking [Donachie] about me,” Tosun said.

“When he saw me working in the gym or doing outside sessions, he came to watch and asked me how my knee was and when I would be back. He was asking me every week how I felt.

“He had the same injury when he was younger, so we spoke about that. It was nice he asked me so much about my injury and my health. It gave me more motivation during my recovery.

“He was excited to have me back because he saw how hard I worked and I did really well when I was back training with the team. I think that is why he gave me the chances in the past two games.”

We need better. My heart sinks when he comes on alongside Dom. Don’t see how that is going to work without diminishing what Dom has being doing so well. As an understudy just standing in the penalty area slotting might do a job until we can get someone better.

Yet weirdly he has a better goals per minute ratio than loads of our previous strikers - Including hipsters choice Moise Kean

Yeah he actually looked like scoring at times when he was on the pitch, despite how hilarious a footballer he was. Tosun gets a reputation as a poacher and I really don’t know why, never ever makes good runs or finds himself in goalscoring positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.