2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second rethatch has gone well during injury downtime.

HAIR.jpg

He lacks the pace to be a central lone striker for me but he can finish he would have to just stay up front, if we have to make do with him as back up till Jan that's ok..I'd also like to see Simms get minutes

How can he, he is on the injury table plus he's that good Carlo sent him out on loan last season - he's slow, can't trap a bag of cement - move on ........

That’s would be my assessment to mate, I remember quotes from him when he went to Palace and he said Carlo told him, go to Palace get games, come back you are part of my plans. Then we loaned out a Kean and didn’t get a replacement. Surely being seen as someone who is going to make a squad contribution.

The next Michael Owen according to Unsy......Simms knows how to score.......
I watched a video last night the lad is raw but is a unit has pace and can finish he shows promise. Maybe Carlo and Brands rate him more highly than we think. He has been training with the first team and Kean was allowed out so they must see something as Cenk is not even fit.

As with many of the players who didn't particularly catch fire here in the past few seasons, I'm interested to see how he does with improved service.

He might score the goal which wins us the league! Cruyff turn followed by electric pace then few fancy step overs before a robona flick into the top corner ripping the net!!!!!

I’ve said it before but I really think that DCL has been encouraged not to run the channels as much and instead focus on staying within the width of the posts. That’s playing into how Carlo wants the rest of the team to play and DCL is benefitting from it.

It also happens that that very style is the best fit for Cenk too so while I don’t think he is the future of our club, he can certainly do a job for us until next year!

He was tracking back a lot to get a shot at having the ball. I think he was way out on the left wing about at midfield when he made that header that sprung Richarlison last year.

My concern for this one is that DCL could end up out on an island up top without service due to inferior wing support. We're going to have to get Digne forward early and often, and figure out how to support that behind him.

If we can still get DCL service as a poacher without Richarlison and James, I'd feel a lot better about Tosun as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.