2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is new : England 1938

england.jpg
Ah yes, the ultimate glass houses pot kettle pic.

Its obvious that the Turkish President is cut from the same cloth as Mugabe and others. Thus, Turkish Nationals, both home and abroad, have to tread a mite carefully.
I'd be inclined to take that into consideration and dial down the outrage - faux or otherwise
Yeah, it's coming across as levels of Kopite outrage when another set of fans have done something they dont like, well OTT. As people have said, if he was a 20 goal a season striker not a chance fans would want him sacked.
Besides what is he supposed to do, not toe the party line, it's not that simple, did he have a choice, I doubt it.

Look, they're entitled to have their views as players and human beings and suppor their army. And we're entitled to call it the d*** move that it is.

Dunno what the club do. Literally every player in the squad did it, including the Leicester CB Soyuncu. Maybe it'll come down to a UEFA/Premier League ruling.
Precisely. Tragic what's happening to the Kurds and not at all pleased with Cenk's actions but trying to curtail his right to express himself is inherently fascist.

Maybe by some but I doubt it from many. Want him very very far from the club. Absolutely appalling behaviour from him. If he gets picked, I hope fans with a moral compass make their views very clear.
It's appalling in your opinion but obviously not his and he has a right to voice his opinion rightly or wrongly.It's the world we live in.

Yeah, it's coming across as levels of Kopite outrage when another set of fans have done something they dont like, well OTT. As people have said, if he was a 20 goal a season striker not a chance fans would want him sacked.
Besides what is he supposed to do, not toe the party line, it's not that simple, did he have a choice, I doubt it.
He had a choice and he made it.
How you react to it is a matter for your own conscience and values.
Personally I abhor his actions and would regardless of his value to my football team.
I would prefer to never see him in an Everton shirt again and if he does I will voice my dislike for his support of a murderous regime.
That’s the choice I make.

Ridiculous comment.

Speak for yourself, there are clearly plenty of us who genuinely couldn't care if he was a £200 million player or 20p Cenk - his actions were outrageous. I simply do not want our club associated with this.

He did have a choice. You act as if to not do this stupid salute would be to criticize the regime, but if he'd have just run around like a nutter after scoring, no one in Turkey would have criticised his actions.

"Defender Merih Demiral urged Ayhan to salute, too, leading to what looked like a heated discussion between the pair, but the goalscorer desisted and made his way back to the pitch.

Ayhan and Turkey striker Kenan Karaman both play for German side Fortuna Düsseldorf, which had issued a statement after Friday’s game to distance itself from “politically motivated acts”. Düsseldorf sporting director Lutz Pfannenstiel said: “Both players stand for values that the club lives by.” - from the Guardian.

As I said, Tosun had a choice. We talk about the values of our club, yet we do nothing. The German clubs have it right; these actions as well as those of St. Pauli showing that they take the lead in such things. We need to do the same. Tosun's actions are not just a poor reflection on him, they are bringing the club into disrepute.

"Defender Merih Demiral urged Ayhan to salute, too, leading to what looked like a heated discussion between the pair, but the goalscorer desisted and made his way back to the pitch.

Ayhan and Turkey striker Kenan Karaman both play for German side Fortuna Düsseldorf, which had issued a statement after Friday’s game to distance itself from “politically motivated acts”. Düsseldorf sporting director Lutz Pfannenstiel said: “Both players stand for values that the club lives by.” - from the Guardian.

As I said, Tosun had a choice. We talk about the values of our club, yet we do nothing. The German clubs have it right; these actions as well as those of St. Pauli showing that they take the lead in such things. We need to do the same. Tosun's actions are not just a poor reflection on him, they are bringing the club into disrepute.

Why are they bringing the club into disrepute?
The guys are supporting their troops not the decisions of the government, there is a clear difference. The troops have no option on where they go as the decision is made way beyond their level. They go where they are ordered. Just like our guys and whether the troops agree or not with the decision it has absolutely no bearing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.