2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is crap.

Turkish football is crap.

I never proclaimed he was too good for us and we would be a stepping stone for his career. You and all the other Turkish fans need to apologise for over hyping him to us.

Makes you wonder about Onyekuru...

I think Tosun should be sold this window...pointless to have him on the pitch.

Cenk is frustrating & not good enough, that is the simple truth...

We need better than Cenk can offer, he has had numerous chances & has not taken the opportunity & the likelihood that he would in the future is extremely doubtful.

...sorry, Matey, I think he’s very ordinary but i’ve always thought he’s very ordinary. I really don’t think he’s got tons of ability. If he had tons of ability he’d cause problems. He doesn’t cause problems.

He’s an ok finisher. Just ok.
Hes crap...... another Bernie the bolt imo what did he do today not even a nuisance value - DCL did cause them a few problems and has pace........

I am a Gala fan so I haven’t watched as many games of Tosun as other Turkish supporters have. In comparison I have watched a lot more Everton games than BJK games. However, I think I’ve watched him enough and have a solid opinion on him. I always had my concerns of him being a success in the premier league once the transfer to Everton was announced.

In my opinion-and this is not a revelation- but a player has to have a decent pace to have a glimps of hope of being a success in the premier league. Tosun is slow. Not only is his general speed is poor but his initial get go is poor as well. Sometimes you do wonder if he is in slow motion. Therefore, if Everton was going to play this current style of football, I would not have paid even 5 million euros for him. It is just a waste of money.

Having said all this, he actually isn’t crap. He is a very good-ish finisher. If he has a team that tries to create chances for it’s striker, he would still be moderately successful in the PL. 15 goals a season would be very realistic.

I have watched him with Everton in some games-not that he had many chances on the pitch- but the style you guys play doesn’t revolve around Tosun.No one is really looking to get him the ball. I get the criticism that he has to better position himself however he never had this issue with Besiktas even in the Champions League. He is really an after taught at Everton’s offense. Even when he is on the pitch he is like the fourth-fifth option on the offense when someone is looking to pass the ball.

I think you guys should cut your losses and sell him. I don’t see how he turns things around. Watching him at Everton, it’s clear to me that his coach doesn’t trust him and his teammates do not trust him. Offense isn’t built around him and he is the last option to be passed the ball when Everton is attacking. A striker can’t excel in this situation-especially one that has a huge handicap like Tosun does.

Final note: I am disappointed in your manager. Everton should play much better with a player like Richarlison. There were a few good games in the beginning of his term but Everton has been pretty poor lately. I stopped watching Everton altogether.

Hank and Snail Keane would run similar sprint times...Hank might have it by a nose

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-fastest-five-players-each-9746955
https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/...-players-fifa-17-stats-based-real-life-video/

I swear I feel compelled to post these every couple of months.

Tosun had 2 touches today. When we signed him, I didn't think he was a good enough athlete to play in this league. He is definitely not a great fit with Everton, although we haven't really seen him in a while.

Beyond that, Turkish football is not crap. There are a lot of good players in that league, but it is an intense league, and the big clubs are not filled with younger players typically. Cenk was good in Turkey, but his game was not likely to carry over in the PL as a single striker. He can slot when given the opportunities, though.

I am a Gala fan so I haven’t watched as many games of Tosun as other Turkish supporters have. In comparison I have watched a lot more Everton games than BJK games. However, I think I’ve watched him enough and have a solid opinion on him. I always had my concerns of him being a success in the premier league once the transfer to Everton was announced.

In my opinion-and this is not a revelation- but a player has to have a decent pace to have a glimps of hope of being a success in the premier league. Tosun is slow. Not only is his general speed is poor but his initial get go is poor as well. Sometimes you do wonder if he is in slow motion. Therefore, if Everton was going to play this current style of football, I would not have paid even 5 million euros for him. It is just a waste of money.

Having said all this, he actually isn’t crap. He is a very good-ish finisher. If he has a team that tries to create chances for it’s striker, he would still be moderately successful in the PL. 15 goals a season would be very realistic.

I have watched him with Everton in some games-not that he had many chances on the pitch- but the style you guys play doesn’t revolve around Tosun.No one is really looking to get him the ball. I get the criticism that he has to better position himself however he never had this issue with Besiktas even in the Champions League. He is really an after taught at Everton’s offense. Even when he is on the pitch he is like the fourth-fifth option on the offense when someone is looking to pass the ball.

I think you guys should cut your losses and sell him. I don’t see how he turns things around. Watching him at Everton, it’s clear to me that his coach doesn’t trust him and his teammates do not trust him. Offense isn’t built around him and he is the last option to be passed the ball when Everton is attacking. A striker can’t excel in this situation-especially one that has a huge handicap like Tosun does.

Final note: I am disappointed in your manager. Everton should play much better with a player like Richarlison. There were a few good games in the beginning of his term but Everton has been pretty poor lately. I stopped watching Everton altogether.

It's a damn shame he never found his Jelavic purple patch. Woulda been useful for a few weeks.

Unathletic and slow. One of the few stinkers I smelled early on.

The problem is that his movement isn't good enough in this league for him to get chances. There's times when we've put balls into the box and he's been nowhere to be seen, flat on his heels somewhere else.

He barely touched the ball yesterday. Might as well have not been on the pitch. That's nothing to do with the system, it's him being out of his depth.

Seriously, get Ellis Simms on. The season is over and the experience will be good for him.

I know the gap between u18 and the premiership dwarfs the grand canyon but he can't be any worse. And the experience can only help.

Just bin him off now...save wages, whatever...

Pointless playing him.

...i’m 100% certain the club would like to do this but it’s dependent on a club wanting to buy him and Tosun wanting to sign acceptable terms for that club. Therein lies the major problem, but it’s also the challenge with Bolasie, Mirallas, Schneiderlin, Besic, Vlasic, Sandro et al.

The problem is that his movement isn't good enough in this league for him to get chances. There's times when we've put balls into the box and he's been nowhere to be seen, flat on his heels somewhere else.
Might be a fair point. I really can’t argue against it.

Although I can say that in Turkey and CL, he was popping up at the right place and the right time and scoring bunch of goals. Maybe his movement is just not good enough for the PL. I am not certain of it either way. His lack of athleticism and pace on the other hand is a big handicap for him.

I was hoping he would be successful at Everton. You guys might lose a lot of money on him when you try to sell at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.