2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to play this stupid game of Tosun hasn't scored for 2 games, 3 games, etc.
We have 4 points from two games, scored 4. Can I remind everyone of last year when it took 4 games to get 4 shots. He is playing with Richarleson and Walcott who are flying. He isn't getting in their way, he isn't stopping us playing, in fact he is creating space for them. We have improved immensely, we haven't brought in our new signings as yet. Surely it is time to settle down and enjoy what is happening at Everton, everything hasn't been put right with Silva coming in but it is improving very quickly.
Hopefully Cenk gets on the score sheet shortly and this stupid pressure that is put on a forward, even though the team is winning, doesn't materialise.
Let us not look for problems, problems usually have a way of finding us.

My take on the lad is, he has an assist and should have had 2 assists. He hasnt had a chance yet, despite us making 4 or 5 good opportunities yesterday. Another day he will get 2-3 good opportunties for him and will bag himself a brace.

His performance yesterday was a proper target mans display. He held the ball up well, ran the channels, linked the play and was a threat. Very good performance.

Yes I agree in a theoretical world he's not good enough for a side for top 4. Maybe as he continues to settle to the league he compounds that theory. However I can't imagine Aguero, Jesus, Kane, Lukaku or Aubamyang cuing up to come here. Until that moment comes, he will do fine for us. Comes across as a good egg too. He's done brilliantly and compliments the other members of our front 4, the balance is great, so we keep that going.

People seem to forget that he was the top scorer in the group stage of the Champions League last season. Also Theo on one side is lacking match sharpness along with Coleman's hideous crossing doesn't help, I'm sure he will start scoring when everyone is up to speed. Bernard will help as he is very good at playing balls forward for the striker in and around the box.

I like him ! If he had pace he’d be a super star ! Puts the opposition defence under pressure ! Always offers himself ! Works hard and We know he can finish given the chance ! He’s quite a confident fella too ! Love his stepovers ! If he had the chance Walcott had at the end it would be in the back of the net ! He’ll score goals for us ! Whilst he’s not scoring he’s deffo not a passenger !

My take on the lad is, he has an assist and should have had 2 assists. He hasnt had a chance yet, despite us making 4 or 5 good opportunities yesterday. Another day he will get 2-3 good opportunties for him and will bag himself a brace.

His performance yesterday was a proper target mans display. He held the ball up well, ran the channels, linked the play and was a threat. Very good performance.

Yes I agree in a theoretical world he's not good enough for a side for top 4. Maybe as he continues to settle to the league he compounds that theory. However I can't imagine Aguero, Jesus, Kane, Lukaku or Aubamyang cuing up to come here. Until that moment comes, he will do fine for us. Comes across as a good egg too. He's done brilliantly and compliments the other members of our front 4, the balance is great, so we keep that going.

He's one of the first over to congratulate other scorers, sign he's a team player. I'm sure he'll get his glory too.

..ultimately, though, you need that constant central threat as well.

oumar-niasse-everton_3409088.jpg

I like him ! If he had pace he’d be a super star ! Puts the opposition defence under pressure ! Always offers himself ! Works hard and We know he can finish given the chance ! He’s quite a confident fella too ! Love his stepovers ! If he had the chance Walcott had at the end it would be in the back of the net ! He’ll score goals for us ! Whilst he’s not scoring he’s deffo not a passenger !

Hello Dringo! Good to see you back posting! Tosun excellent yesterday! Very good player! You can't tell but I am extremely happy! End of!

Status
Not open for further replies.