2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know eggsy. We still need to find another permanent centre half and a central midfielder or two. Not sure if we'll have the resources to get anyone better than Cenk. My feeling is that we'll try to find a young understudy with potential.

..good point, and January is usually a difficult time to buy. On the central midfielder point, we were linked with Barrios in the summer and there were quotes from his Chairman that he couldn’t leave until January. He looked very good in the World Cup.

So are we just gonna go ahead and not talk about Tosun? Fantastic game today. Really showed us his strengths. Too bad he didnt get many looks on goal

Does a job we need him to do, but ultimately not good enough. Can’t see him scoring enough goals for us, but will do until January. I can see Richarlison taking his place in the centre soon enough.

Played very well today. Only a matter of time before he starts scoring but he doesn’t even need to if he keeps creating space for the others.

His all round game was good today. My biggest concern about him is that in a lot of games such as today's he doesn't look like scoring.

I think there are big question marks about how he can lead the line in tough away games too. Can see Niasse or Calvert-Lewin being the preferred option.

For what it's worth Merson was singing his praises today. Called him a proper centre forward. Said his link up play was outstanding.

Today was the type of game where his skillset will come to the fore. I can see some games, mainly away from home, when we'll be playing on the break and pace will be more important, that Walcott or Richarlison may play further forward in his position.

Still expect him to lead the line in the majority of games though, and will score easily double figures in this team. The leagues only 2 games old and people are already giving him ultimatums. Crazy.

Still think we don't provide for him enough. It's fine if we're scoring regardless, but we actually need our strikers to net on the regular. He gets bypassed a lot and I can imagine that it frustrates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.