Cazoo to replace Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1120775993.jpeg

Yea abit disappointing with the general consensus that Usy was going to pump £15/20m+ a season on us through a sponsor, never heard of these until an hour ago, the initial reports on the financial terms dont look great, hopefully get some clarification on that soon.

It all seems rather modest in intention and ambition but I guess that's the reality - there are a glut of clubs out there and we don't offer silverware and/or European exposure.

The club put pressure on themselves ending the association with Sport Pesa even though that was and is the correct thing to do.

I think we are better off associating with a British company that isn't in the gambling "industry" even if it isn't going to be apparent in $$$$ terms.

The bottom line is we must produce an attractive and successful product on the pitch, there is no escaping that simple truth.

Yea abit disappointing with the general consensus that Usy was going to pump £15/20m+ a season on us through a sponsor, never heard of these until an hour ago, the initial reports on the financial terms dont look great, hopefully get some clarification on that soon.

I supposed a plus point mate is that they are going to pay us the same amount as Sportpesa.

It was never even remotely hinted at that Usmanov was going to sponsor anything but the training ground and match days. People just got 2 and 2 together and made 50 based on that

I don’t see any negative with this deal, they sponsor us, they get worldwide exposure being on our shirts up to 40-45 times a season. We also get a sponsor that can be seen on kid’s kits that’s been hideously missing for 16 years

Add to the fact there’s a new sleeve sponsor to come, plus opportunity for the women’s and Academy teams to have separate sponsorship, bringing more revenue into the club

Daily Mail reporting 10m per year, I like you thought we’d get at least 15m via Usmanov, but maybe the probe into being the preferred sponser for the naming rights to the stadium is the reason why.

It was never even remotely hinted at that Usmanov was going to sponsor anything but the training ground and match days. People just got 2 and 2 together and made 50 based on that

I don’t see any negative with this deal, they sponsor us, they get worldwide exposure being on our shirts up to 40-45 times a season. We also get a sponsor that can be seen on kid’s kits that’s been hideously missing for 16 years

Add to the fact there’s a new sleeve sponsor to come, plus opportunity for the women’s and Academy teams to have separate sponsorship, bringing more revenue into the club

The fact that we let that happen for so long is a joke, yet people are still moaning even now thats been resolved. Honestly cant please some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.