2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basically perceive Carlo as the same as Jose Mourinho just with a much superior disposition and man management skills. But worried he might be past it despite his legendary credentials but I'm willing to give him time but we should of done something with the opportunities this season. It was wide open , I worry the sky six is going to reassert it's dominance next season.

I’m more concerned with the way we’re playing. We don’t look like a team that is being coached at all. I couldn’t tell you one thing it looks like we work on in training just by watching us play.
It seems like we do work on set plays. They're one of the few successful aspects of our game, otherwise I completely agree

It’s an absolute double standard and you know it. Whilst you’re busy dismantling statistically our best PL manager, through some sort of NSNO holier than thou virtuous stance, you’re quite happy to claim that players who have seen multiple managers fired and have failed us countless times under several different coaches are actually good enough for us to stroll to premier league wins. In one breadth it’s all about not accepting mediocrity and being capable of better, in the other it’s how Gomes Davies Siggurdson aren’t that bad and are better than a lot of other team’s players (which teams these are I have no idea). Then when you get challenged on that you just flip it into a binary logical trap of ‘well if you believe that then you can’t also believe Brands is doing well’, as though this would somehow excuse your own inconsistent view point.

You think Carlo should be doing better (I assume) but what is it based on? Win % is higher, points total will be better, gap to top 4 will be less, performances against top 6 home and away are better, cup runs are better, league position will be better. Any statistical indicator you can look for will show that in the round we are moving forward, and this in a season when Carlo doesn’t have many of his own players and we’ve had key injuries to the ones he did bring in. It seems you want faster progression (we all do) but you’re basing it on him getting more out of players that have completely failed us multiple times. Then you’re happy to accept the players aren’t good enough as long as Brands (who didn’t even bring in most of them) gets a load of blame.

Just seems overly negative to me but each to their own.
Not sure saying ‘I don’t think our players are so bad that they shouldn’t be able to lay a glove on Aston Villa’ really equates to ‘dismantling the manager’ but I can see you’re in full on hyperbolic nonsense mode today so I’ll leave you to it mate.

Oh and just so you know, people can read your past posts. Talking about others having inconsistent viewpoints is... brave.

Not sure saying ‘I don’t think our players are so bad that they shouldn’t be able to lay a glove on Aston Villa’ really equates to ‘dismantling the manager’ but I can see you’re in full on hyperbolic nonsense mode today so I’ll leave you to it mate.

Didnt lay a glove on Villa? We scored a goal, and got behind them countless times to finish poorly, the whole second half they barely did anything apart from score a worldly. You’re making out in these home losses that it’s like the Allardyce Silva days of not having a shot on target. Talk about hyperbolic revisionism. The Palace keeper was inspired agaisnt us and our strikers wasteful, they scored from their only chance, we gifted Spurs a game that we absolutely dominated. We’ve had some poor home performances this season no doubt (Newcastle Fulham) but some of them haven’t even been that bad, we’ve been wasteful and other teams have been clinical. Some people are making out like it’s the worst football they’ve ever seen. It’s not even the worst football in the last few seasons.

I’m more concerned with the way we’re playing. We don’t look like a team that is being coached at all. I couldn’t tell you one thing it looks like we work on in training just by watching us play.
and luckily a lot of other teams are having a bad season. i bet some players are glad there is a social media black out

He’s been utter garbage for almost his entire career with us apart from a few games when he came into the team and a few games under Carlo. He hasn’t been, isn’t, and never will be good enough for us.

When you say he's been utter garbage....it's not like he's been playing and we've had Toni Kroos sat on the bench.

The kid has had peers such as Morgan Schneiderlein, Gylfi, Gomes, Delph....... Do you honestly use the word utter garbage and consider the quality of the alternatives to do his role????

Davies gets unfairly singled out

When you say he's been utter garbage....it's not like he's been playing and we've had Toni Kroos sat on the bench.

The kid has had peers such as Morgan Schneiderlein, Gylfi, Gomes, Delph....... Do you honestly use the word utter garbage and consider the quality of the alternatives to do his role????

Davies gets unfairly singled out

Just because others have been worse doesn’t mean he’s been good enough. Our midfield has been terrible for ages and nowhere near the standard to be challenging the top 6. All those names have their day just like Davies does but none are good enough. Gomes I feel slightly sorry for because of his injury but the rest just arent good enough. Davies included.

Be nice if for once we didnt have to give excuses for our managers:

El Loco - Needs players who can play fancy football

Koeman - cleaning up El Loco's mess

Silva - tRaNsItIoN sEAsOn

Carlo - needs his own players

Only one who has actually over achieved was the bloke who was vilified the most - Fat Sam with that squad he was left with by Koeman/Walsh.

Starting to think he's more of a name than a manager. Nice to have a big name at the club, but does he actually do any managing/coaching?

For the record I’m not calling for ancelotti to be sacked. Just fed up of the rubbish, negative and outdated football that his team has served up for the best part of 18 months.

hopefully that changes because we’re an awful team to watch. Totally directionless, slow and really really predictable.
18 months? We were pretty awful for quite a while before that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.