2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many changes to the back line needlessly.
Back four Niels, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, three in midfield Allan, Doucoure and possibly Davies then James in the 10 and Ritchie DCL up front.

Players in their best positions with what he has available. Changing the personnel in the back line every game is not going to help defensive stability, nor is have no two in midfield and a back five.
Can only assume he doesn’t trust Nknounkou or Kenny. Tbf Kenny looks atrocious.

Well I mean I haven’t personally said we should sack him anyway. I think he’s great just a rough patch.
I don’t think we should sack him. But I think he needs to show substantial improvement for me to not change my mind. Why do you think he’s great? And why do you think this is just a rough patch? What are you seeing?

He’s making some very odd choices, and defensively we are all over the shop. I’ve no idea how with the personnel we have but we don’t appear to be improving at all. Could’ve conceded about 5 yesterday.

He’s been here 1 year, in that time he’s had:
A massive fixture pile up over Christmas which resulted in very little time in the training pitch
A worldwide pandemic which resulted in him not being with his team
A very minimal pre season with 2 games
Injuries to key personnel

All this whilst having one of the most disjointed teams in the league with players who clearly aren’t good enough

If you want him sacked you’re an absolute disgrace to this club

I don’t think we should sack him. But I think he needs to show substantial improvement for me to not change my mind. Why do you think he’s great? And why do you think this is just a rough patch? What are you seeing?

He’s undoubtedly a great manager and our win % with him is higher than any manager we’ve had in yonks so he’s obviously still good. There are concerns but I’m far happier to have him than not.

Same with the Terry led defence at Chelsea or Ramos at Madrid.

He's always relied on leaders.

Most managers do. Take Laporte out of the City defence and look what happens, it’s not even great with him and Dias in it it after Kompany left. Pep has spent over 200 million on centrebacks alone trying to find stability. It’s arguable he still hasn’t done it. Lampard’s back 4 was all over the show so he went out and demanded Chilwell, a new keeper to replace the one they spent a world record on, and Thiago Silva on very high wages to provide leadership. Klopp spent 140 mill on two players breaking the world record fees for both to add some leadership to his back line.

Meanwhile we are expecting Ancelotti to make a silk purse from Pickford, Michael Keane, Mina, Seamus Coleman, Kenny. To help him with it we opened the bank and let him bring in a teenage left back, a back up number 2 keeper on loan, and a centreback from Norwich for 20 mill. Whatever your opinions of whether Ancelotti should be doing better, he’s not playing with the same train kits as some of those managers above. Even Solskjaer spent massive money on Maguire Wan Bissaka Alex Telles and he’s not got it right either.

He’s been here 1 year, in that time he’s had:
A massive fixture pile up over Christmas which resulted in very little time in the training pitch
A worldwide pandemic which resulted in him not being with his team
A very minimal pre season with 2 games
Injuries to key personnel

All this whilst having one of the most disjointed teams in the league with players who clearly aren’t good enough

If you want him sacked you’re an absolute disgrace to this club
He’s also had 11 million quid, making him in the top five (guess but I’m probably right) highest paid managers in the world. And you’ve just threw a Christmas fixture pile up on your excuses. Jesus......

He’s undoubtedly a great manager and our win % with him is higher than any manager we’ve had in yonks so he’s obviously still good. There are concerns but I’m far happier to have him than not.
I’m sure you’ll agree though, you haven’t actually pointed anything out. He’s won 13 league games out of 30. It’s hardly sparkling. “Undoubtedly a great manager” is just another quote with no substance.

He’s also had 11 million quid, making him in the top five (guess but I’m probably right) highest paid managers in the world. And you’ve just threw a Christmas fixture pile up on your excuses. Jesus......

so his wages are somehow relevant to what’s he’s had to deal with.

And the fixture pile up is relevant, just you’re to blinded to see why.

Carry on lid

He has at least played all of his professional career at right back or wing back, he knows the role. That’s not to say he’s the long term solution
I agree it seems odd not to play an established RB in the role but it must be a reflection of how little he trusts him. Either way it’s not good.

I can understand the desire to protect Nkounkou at this stage of his career but Kenny played a full season in the Bundesliga last year. You would think he should be ready to play against Leeds.

That was a worrying performance yesterday. In no small part that was down to Ancelotti.

Four at the back was demanded and he refused to go there, even at HT when it was apparent it was not working with three. If we'd have mirrored Leeds' formation we'd have been secure and a threat.

---------Keane Mina
Holgate----------------Nkoukou

-------------Allan

--------Doucoure--Davies
James-------------------Richarlison

-------------DCL

so his wages are somehow relevant to what’s he’s had to deal with.

And the fixture pile up is relevant, just you’re to blinded to see why.

Carry on lid
Yup. We have terrible squad depth and have been hit with injury and suspension. The teams with better squads will start to pull away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.