2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

he has said he doesn't need the money (that would come with a move to China) and he has worked at clubs where he is expected to deliver, and he has delivered. Everton are a different challenge for him, a more relaxed challenge but one where he can already see he is moving toward the end goal. He will have a route map in his head on who he needs to move one, what areas he needs to strengthen, he will have a time frame in his head and I reckon he iOS on target. This is something different and it is working as planned so far, why move?

100% this, no immediate pressure for instant success of winning trophies. He will be well paid plus he has his son on the staff.

Compared to the likes of managing Bayern the pressure will be a lot less and at the stage of his career is probably what he wants before retiring.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH SHEFF WED P/C

Ancelotti on squad shape​

It was a good time [to rest]. It's true that we didn't have a game.
We used this time to put in better condition the players who had problems before.

Injury updates from the boss​

Ancelotti says Calvert-Lewin is fit again.
Gbamin, Allan, Delph, Digne, Iwobi and Nkounkou out

Carlo on Sheff Wed​

They're a good team. It's true they've had a problem with the virus, but I think they'll come back with a strong motivation.
It's a big challenge to play against us, we know this and we've got to respect this.

Gbamin latest from the boss​

I think that we have to look at him day by day. He’s following his individual problem like Allan and Delph.
We don’t want to put pressure on him because he has been out for a loan time. When he comes back he needs to be ready. He will come back.

Ancelotti on transfer plans​

We really don't focus on this. I think we are convinced we have a good squad & if a player doesn't ask to leave,
we have a good squad for all the season

Will DCL play on Sunday​

On Calvert-Lewin: "Honestly I want to put out the best line-up possible for the game against Sheffield.
We don't want to think about Leicester, we want to move on in this competition.
I think Dominic can start, he trained well and is in a good physical condition.

Ancelotti on midfield options​

"Tom Davies, the games that he played, did really well. Doucoure is always well even though he is suspended against Leicester.
Fortunately we are not going to play in Europe so we can manage the season well with this squad

Ancelotti on rest for his squad​

I don't know really [whether it's good or bad], I will tell you after the game on Sunday! I spent time watching games,
I have to say that I saw a lot of entertaining games. The PL is showing fantastic games, and unpredictable games

Ancelotti on Burnley beating Liverpool​

I was pleased to watch the game and how Burnley competed. This is the beauty of football. Liverpool, in this moment are not in a good moment,
but they will be back soon.

Confirmation on Iwobi and Digne​

On Iwobi and Digne: I cannot be so specific, but they will be available for the game against Leicester.

Message to squad over FA Cup​

The FA Cup is an important competition, to reach the final or the semi-final we have to go step by step.
We hope to have less difficulty for this game. We do not want to be the negative surprise

Ancelotti on Tosun's future​

I didn’t talk to him about this, he’s part of the squad. He scored a goal against Rotherham,
he did his job when he was involved so no news on this.

Ancelotti is asked about European super league idea​

This is politics, that's all. I read this on the newspaper. What can I say, I am the other part of football. And I think the nicest part of football.
I don't want to be involved in the politics of football. That is not my job

Ancelotti on title talk​

Honestly we don’t have in ours minds the title race, we have in mine to fight for the European position.
We are in a good position and we want to stay in a good position.
To talk about the title race is too much honestly

Ancelotti on the quality in the Premier League​

The level: physical, tactical, technical is really high in my opinion. I watch games all the time on TV. It is really exciting.
I think it's more exciting because the Premier League's level improved. There are a lot of really competitive teams.
If you see the table at the top, there's a lot who aren't used to staying there like West Ham, Aston Villa, Everton also.
The only problem is missing the supporters at the stadium. Quality, atmosphere, intensity of the games, I think is at top level.

James Rodriguez latest​

Will we see him in both of the next games? It's possible says Carlo...
James is in good condition. He can play against Sheffield and he can play against Leicester.
He has no physical problem in this moment."

He really doesn't like to update us on the injury front...looks fed up when he gets questions about injury specifics. Why is Iwobi and Digne out for this weekend but yet he is convinced that they will be fit for Leicester. And the Gbamin situation clearly is a shambles...how long he is going to do individual work for....is he even in the country...

He really doesn't like to update us on the injury front...looks fed up when he gets questions about injury specifics. Why is Iwobi and Digne out for this weekend but yet he is convinced that they will be fit for Leicester. And the Gbamin situation clearly is a shambles...how long he is going to do individual work for....is he even in the country...
Perhaps because he’s resting them?

I think you are out of order about Gbamin.What exactly would you like to hear ? "Yes we will play him but he is not ready "" We have stopped the individual training because some fans are not happy" " or "We have let him spend the rest of his contract on holiday "?

Status
Not open for further replies.