2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Keown was right when asked could we get top 4. Straightaway he said No but we could maybe get a place in Europe. He said this is a rebuilding season for Carlo.
My thoughts even after are good start. We are rebuilding and it may take 2 seasons till Carlos gets his player in

Top 6 or 7 IMO. Especially when we see what January is like.

Think Chelsea, Spurs, City, RS, Leicester are your top 5.

We'll need to have it out with United, Wolves, Arsenal IMO

Lost the initiative in the second half but i think that was primarily due to key players (Richarlison and James) tiring - subs he made sured us up after the second Fulham goal.

It’s fair to question why we stumbled about like drunken sailors second half, it needs addressing in a major way as we haven’t looked the same since the October international break when we were flying.

That said we are 6th after 9 games with 16 points, last season we had 9 at the same point and had lost 5 games.

If you had told me before the season we’d be 6th after almost 10 games I’d have taken it for sure.

Not just 6th, but within spitting distance of the top spots and scoring freely. We have a decent bunch of players here, some excellent ones, but we've basically brought in an entire new midfield and our goalkeeper is still cack. We're doing okay and I'm hopeful that we will improve

Some of the football we've played this season has been true Everton football, easy on the eye. I think Carlo is the man to get us moving in the right direction as a club.

He is not, however, immune to criticism. Too Soon on the bench again, I can't believe Simms or Gordon would not be better options off the bench. Also, I would really expect our fitness levels to be higher. We look goosed in the last 30 minutes most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.