2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The questioning has got to be in a fair context though. If he was at the end of three seasons with his own squad and we were having these problems then fair enough but he has had one transfer window where we had to focus on the midfield. He’s made one defensive signing. So yes the defending is poor at the moment and there’s more Carlo could be doing but he had to have time to at least solve these problems? Other managers get away with leaky back lines for a whole season and then splash huge sums to fix it in a transfer window. Carlo doesn’t have that option at the moment, he’s trying to find a system that suits Keane Mina Pickford Coleman but none of them were his player s and in an ideal world he may not want any of them in his first team but we don’t have decent options to replace them.
Come off it. He doesn’t need three years to sort a defence out.

Think it’s clear he has a tendency to just concede the initiative when we’re ahead and it’s a big problem. There were a couple of games when it happened last season (Newcastle the worst one) and again today. We need to find a way to manage the game much better because we wouldn’t have got away with today against pretty much any other team in the league.

A win’s a win though, I’ll take the 3 points and trust that we’re going to work very very hard before the next game to stop being so easy to break down.

Think Keown was right when asked could we get top 4. Straightaway he said No but we could maybe get a place in Europe. He said this is a rebuilding season for Carlo.
My thoughts even after are good start. We are rebuilding and it may take 2 seasons till Carlos gets his player in

Its not a rebuild if we keep letting the DOF replace crap with more crap - it becomes a never ending cycle of "maybe next year".

The best news I could get next month outside of PP being granted on the ground is Everton announcing they are parting ways with Brands in January.

Have zero faith this fella can do the business in English football- world of difference between signing prem players and players for the Dutch plumbers league where Klassaan looks top drawer.

16 points, 19 goals is no bad return.
Quite clearly next stage is defence. As shown at southampton and newcastle if those up top are not scoring we have virtualy zero clean sheets in us and are never grinding out a point.
Got some young centre halves for a season or twos time.
Go out and replace pickford and mina. Weak links.

People don't think we should question why we sat back against one of the worst teams in the league while 3-1 up, Liverpool or City would have put 5 or 6 past them, Apparently we want Big Sam if we question why we sat back though.

I’m glad he at least attempted 3 at the back today. I felt like he was just shuffling names around during that 3 game stretch, but he made a tactical switch to drop one of those midfielders. Not sure if it’s the way forward but glad we got the result.

Come off it. He doesn’t need three years to sort a defence out.

I didn’t say that, I said if after three years we were having these problems it’s a far challenge but it’s not a far challenge a few games into a season after his one transfer window.

Pickford Mina Keane are not good enough. Now what options does Carlo have? Holgate and Branthwaite are just back from injury and Olsen is bedding in (although I think could play instead of Pickford). Some of those we’ve conceded though have been from Pickford dropping balls, there’s nothing Ancelotti can do about that apart from drop him, but unlike the top clubs who can go out and buy another top keeper if their first one didn’t work, we went and got a player Roma didn’t want on loan.

Carlo needs some time to work out these problems.

I didn’t say that, I said if after three years we were having these problems it’s a far challenge but it’s not a far challenge a few games into a season after his one transfer window.

Pickford Mina Keane are not good enough. Now what options does Carlo have? Holgate and Branthwaite are just back from injury and Olsen is bedding in (although I think could play instead of Pickford). Some of those we’ve conceded though have been from Pickford dropping balls, there’s nothing Ancelotti can do about that apart from drop him, but unlike the top clubs who can go out and buy another top keeper if their first one didn’t work, we went and got a player Roma didn’t want on loan.

Carlo needs some time to work out these problems.
You conveniently missed out the £25m he spent on a CB in the summer who is playing at RB whilst Mina keeps getting picked ahead of him.

We know we need more players especially with pace ,this wont happen overnight it could take a few windows. Yes first half we were really good at times and we won! Crying on here we are 4 points off top with a team that is getting rebuilt

You conveniently missed out the £25m he spent on a CB in the summer who is playing at RB whilst Mina keeps getting picked ahead of him.

You’ve conveniently missed out that our first choice RB has been injured meaning that Carlo couldn’t play Godfrey in the middle even if he wanted to at the moment otherwise champion ship standard Jonjoe Kenny would be in the team.

Long term I think Carlo sees Godfrey and Holgate playing a lot more than Mina will be. Last season it was Holgate plus another until he got injured. Even when Holgate was half fit against United he dropped Mina. He’s clearly not happy with the Keane Mina partnership and I’d expect they’ll be broken up as soon as Carlo has time on the training pitch and other for options available. Players not being fit and multiple international breaks is not the time to be experimenting with your back 4 though especially when your keeper isn’t in good form either.

Its not a rebuild if we keep letting the DOF replace crap with more crap - it becomes a never ending cycle of "maybe next year".

The best news I could get next month outside of PP being granted on the ground is Everton announcing they are parting ways with Brands in January.

Have zero faith this fella can do the business in English football- world of difference between signing prem players and players for the Dutch plumbers league where Klassaan looks top drawer.
I'm as impatient as you. But we have chopped and changed managers told much. For me we need to give Carlo time now to bring his own players in. Think quite a few players will be out of contract after this season.
I'm.just hoping brands and Carlo are priotising pacy skillful players cos some of our current players are so laboured.
I'm.happy to give Carlo time to bring his own players in but like you I want us to win something. Need to go like mad for that game in the cup against United. For me a cup is our best hope

I'm as impatient as you. But we have chopped and changed managers told much. For me we need to give Carlo time now to bring his own players in. Think quite a few players will be out of contract after this season.
I'm.just hoping brands and Carlo are priotising pacy skillful players cos some of our current players are so laboured.
I'm.happy to give Carlo time to bring his own players in but like you I want us to win something. Need to go like mad for that game in the cup against United. For me a cup is our best hope

Im happy with keeping Carlo - its Brands who needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.