2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will settle a score. He will win the lot at Madrid as we go through 3 managers in the time he does it.
Proving yet again that he is OK at managing a team of ready-made superstars but couldn't build a sandcastle on Crosby beach, let alone take a club with ptential and build them into something great.

What do we even do now?. Eddie Howe would be going backwards. We only attracted Allan, and James because of Carlo, so we does this leave us now regarding transfers?. This is a massive step backwards.

The way he departed the clubs just screams out that the feeling is mutual. Carlo wants to leave and the board really don't care either way. He was the fourth highest paid coach in the EPL, yet delivered 10th place.

Whatever targets he was given at the start of the season, I am sure he failed in all of them. No cup, no European football.

But the board better have a candidate already lined up from a list drew up 6 months ago and before, and hopefully a list that is always developing no matter who we appoint.
I cant think Everton are happy. They allowed Ancelotti to reroute or dictate their transfer business entirely. Moves with reason because of Carlo but now are depreciatting assets or at least confuse the timeline.

I do think its interesting if the size of his contract, and the exchange in real basically buying him out effects who they go for. Everton are essentiially making profit. Does that sizable money go to trying to recruit another out of our league manager, or re-allocated somewhere else in the club. They could put together a similar bells and whistles autonomy driven package to the likes of Conte if they wanted, financed by Carlo's exodus?

I do think people need to remember hes gone to the biggest club in the world. A club that he clearly clears about. Its not like hes walked out on us to become the Newcastle manager or something.

Nobody is bigger than the club.

I do think people need to remember hes gone to the biggest club in the world. A club that he clearly clears about. Its not like hes walked out on us to become the Newcastle manager or something.

Nobody is bigger than the club.
This is a good point this, mid table Everton or RM, its not a hard choice

Have to say, I was more gutted when Bobby Brown shoes left and he needed to go when he did.
If we step back look at it as a neutral, we didn't move one inch forward in the time Carlo was here, yes we won on the road, but so did everyone else, because of his record (elsewhere) he was afforded utmost respect, perhaps too much and more than anyone else would get with the crap way we were playing.
I want someone with fire in their belly who wants to take on the RS and city, someone who doesn't give a damn who he upsets, most of our lot need kicking, we've tried molycoddling them and it doesn't work.
(I don't mean Big Dunc either)

Status
Not open for further replies.