2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got us a win at Anfield I suppose… The rest was thoroughly forgettable.

Good luck to him, why on earth would he stay at this sad circus when he could join a bigger, flashier circus that wins things?

Having his Madrid medical.

1622555311134.png

I'm not sure what to make of all this

Carlo is obviously a great manager. I don’t think he’s done a brilliant job so far. But any manager probably needs more than 1.5 seasons to turn things around. Carlo leaving now robs the opportunity of seeing how he would have built on the building blocks he put in place so far.

A new manager, with potentially a different philosophy, will probably be starting from scratch. Will he want some of the players brought in by Carlo? Will some of the players fought in by Carlo want to stay and play under a new manager?

On one hand this provides an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and get a new progressive, younger coach on board. Equally it potentially spells the start another era of uncertainty and rebuild. One where the rebuild might be about to start at time zero for another 2/3 year plan.

Why would we get none? Unless there are specific clauses it will be a substantial amount (35m ish). There may be clauses that would negotiate it down. Either way it will be quite substantial and probably go a long way to clearing every other managers contract off we have had to pay off.
Exactly he has three years left on a eleven million pound a year contract. We will get a good chunk of compo its literally the only positive.

Didn’t think he was a coward to be honest. Top club jobs come up every other season. If he’d spent another season or two turning us around and winning something then any top club would have had him in a few years again. It’s not like he’s a Rodgers where he might be thinking it’s his only chance to play at that level.

He just wasn’t up to the hardest job he’s had to do in football, couldn’t hack it, didn’t have the stones for it. Get someone in who does.

Status
Not open for further replies.