2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get him 4-5 quality players in the summer he’ll have us pushing for the champions league proper next year. We’re not a million miles off. They’ll all have to be spot on signings though. Over to you Marcel.
I agree with this
It takes time to gel a team with the players you want
Wouldn’t trust Marcel to do the business unfortunately.

If we get him 4-5 quality players in the summer he’ll have us pushing for the champions league proper next year. We’re not a million miles off. They’ll all have to be spot on signings though. Over to you Marcel.
If this summer is on a par with last then we will actually start to develop a squad And maybe have some depth on the bench.

My only criticism from him yesterday was the post match interview - just wish he would start ripping into the players who consistently let him/rest of the side down.

I get why he doesn't do it but we really need to start lighting a fire under the likes of Iwobi, Holgate, Gomes where its literally "improve drastically or leave" whereas you always feel like these players can put in crap performances then still turn up to training the next day all laughs and smiles with the lads.

Squad rotation. That’s why.
Well there's element to it, yet the crux of the matter is a combination of (lack of) squad depth, injuries and limitations to players: the best option of a bad bunch.

Right now, we have very little in terms of options on the right without moving players from other positions, where we're already short and/or limited.

That has a knock on effect in terms of weakening said position and potentially causing wider destabilisation - two or more ineffectual positions rather than one.

Frankly, I've never considered Iwobi as a good purchase and think he should be a squad player for us, at best; but, right now I understand why he's playing.

Come next season, I would be concerned if he's starting on more than a sporadic basis bar injuries, and I'd be content if he was replaced although it's unlikely.

Brands and Carlo will know it's been a questioning singing by the club.

My only criticism from him yesterday was the post match interview - just wish he would start ripping into the players who consistently let him/rest of the side down.

I get why he doesn't do it but we really need to start lighting a fire under the likes of Iwobi, Holgate, Gomes where its literally "improve drastically or leave" whereas you always feel like these players can put in crap performances then still turn up to training the next day all laughs and smiles with the lads.

It doesn't work for Mourinho. It's why every dressing room turns on him, or tires of him.

Ferguson did it - behind closed doors. That seemed to work better. I don't think it will work here - at United, Beckham and Ronaldo left for Madrid. Where else could the rest go and have that kind of success? Rooney would have had to learn a foreign language (yeah, right), and the rest would have been looking up at United elsewhere in the table.

Here, planting the seed of doubt in the minds of DCL, Richarlison, Digne et al that the manager could turn on them publicly for poor form is a pretty big risk. It also risks Rodriguez and Allan telling them/deciding for themselves that it's a pretty clear sign that Carlo's job is in grave jeopardy.

In any event, I don't think it's ever been how Ancelotti operates. I think he tells them what he thinks they need to do, and if they don't, he moves them on when he's ready and able and he tells them, "I'm sorry, but I told you what I felt you needed to do and you didn't, so we're moving on. I wish you nothing but success in your next chapter."

He said it subly about mistakes. Obviously the two we made. He start naming names and stuff people be on his back that he throwing them under the bus.

He said it subly about mistakes. Obviously the two we made. He start naming names and stuff people be on his back that he throwing them under the bus.

If he started naming names I would 100% be on his side.

Its what I've wanted in a manager since Moyes - Dogs of War management.

Too many of our players have had an easy ride these last few years turning up when they want.

As I've said, we are competing with the better teams in the league, even tho Spurs haven't played like it much this season they are 1 of the better teams in the league, we got beat due to some pretty bad defending and Kane being a World Class slotter.

In most Seasons 4 points from Spurs and a Cup win would be seen as a good thing, but Carlo isn't judged on the good things, only the bad.

As it is we have been beaten by some pretty bad teams and our "home" form is quite bad.

But for me the fans help with the home form, despite we saying we have a toxic fanbase! The roar of Goodison is still a thing.

And you cant ignore the injuries, an unsettled side for most of the season doesn't help.

But I'm not honestly offering excuses, as I say we have been beaten by bad teams with good players on the pitch, we should have had enough to beat most of them.

In Carlo we trust.

Docuoure Allan James fit for a decent number of games with the crowd behind them and we’re not even discussing home form.

This will be the lowest point of Ancelotti’s time with us, we’ll be looking back going ‘remember when he had to get a tune from ‘Keane Siggurdson Davies’

Carlo doesn't strongly criticise players in public. It's not his style and he's not going to start now.

He did actually imply he was pretty angry with Keane and Holgate though and thats about the most you'll ever get. He was definitely angry after the game.

As I've said, we are competing with the better teams in the league, even tho Spurs haven't played like it much this season they are 1 of the better teams in the league, we got beat due to some pretty bad defending and Kane being a World Class slotter.

In most Seasons 4 points from Spurs and a Cup win would be seen as a good thing, but Carlo isn't judged on the good things, only the bad.

As it is we have been beaten by some pretty bad teams and our "home" form is quite bad.

But for me the fans help with the home form, despite we saying we have a toxic fanbase! The roar of Goodison is still a thing.

And you cant ignore the injuries, an unsettled side for most of the season doesn't help.

But I'm not honestly offering excuses, as I say we have been beaten by bad teams with good players on the pitch, we should have had enough to beat most of them.

In Carlo we trust.

The place would have been utterly bouncing after that 2nd Siggy goal, can't wait to back in Goodison next season. I've got every confidence that with Carlo and the better players he's going to bring in it's going to be an absolutely horrible place for oppo teams to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.