2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not exempt from critic. He set us up ultra negatively. Didn't change much until the last 10 in terms of formation. Showed far too much respect to a poor spurs side in horrible form. The caveat being, he has been left a crock of absolute sh1t to work with.

Ancelotti deserves no criticism until he has had the chance to sign his own players. Even Fat Sam was given money to waste on Tosun and Walcott.

He's not exempt from critic. He set us up ultra negatively. Didn't change much until the last 10 in terms of formation. Showed far too much respect to a poor spurs side in horrible form. The caveat being, he has been left a crock of absolute sh1t to work with.

How we were set up ultra defensively?

From where I was sitting, we just played rubbish.

We changed formation at half time and went in to a diamond in midfield. Plus he brought Gordon on then too.

He also made a further change on the 77th when Kean came on, including Gordon going in to the centre.

Tim Cahill echoes, echoes your thoughts above. Saying something on the lines of many £100m’s spent pre-Anchelotti, CA is having to work within the constraints of that. A not so subtle dig at the tools at his disposal.

Ah yes renowned kopite sympathizer BH Visitor is back.The last time we saw you was on March 8th, when we lost to Chelsea.Everton were unbeaten in our first three matches, since the football returned.You had nothing to say then.But as soon as Everton lose, you crawl out from under your rock with plenty to say.

How we were set up ultra defensively?

From where I was sitting, we just played rubbish.

We changed formation at half time and went in to a diamond in midfield. Plus he brought Gordon on then too.

He also made a further change on the 77th when Kean came on, including Gordon going in to the centre.
Oh come on, it was ultra negative. I totally understand why, because we have no quality on the ball, but it was. It has been since the restart too. Again, I’m not slating him, but let’s call a spade a spade here, you can’t have 6 touches in the opposition box in 90 minutes and say you went for it can you.

Last edited:
Well for one we set up 4-5-1, gomes dropping so deep in the first half to almost make it a 5-4-1. Or certainly a 4-1-4-1.

I agree, he did change things slightly in the second half, but still the emphasis was on sitting relatively deep in defence and staying tight but with more of a threat in attack on the counter.

It wasn't until 10 mins to go or so we actually commited men forward and got numbers in the box, was probably only the last 7, including injury time we did the later.

It was an ultra defensive formation throughout, until the last few minutes for me. But I agree I doubt he planned it to be so defensive, just a horrific performance dictated it as such, not helped by our set up.

Oh come on, it was ultra negative. I totally understand why, because we have no quality on the ball, but it was. It has been since the restart too. Again, I’m not slaying him, but let’s call a spade a spade here, you can’t have 6 touches in the opposition box in 90 minutes and say you went for it can you.

Spurs also didn't go for it.

It was a drab match but we weren't set up ultra defensively, giving all of the ball to the opposition and defending our box.

We just played poorly, as did Spurs.

I don’t care if we plays Pickford on the wing. Nothing he does will make me criticise him. We’ve been dire for many managers and he’s one of the best. He has a good few years grace with me.

I mean when Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Gomes are the players you've got to play, what's he expecting.

They're all run of the mill players, with no pace, creativity and seemingly no desire to win.

Give him this summer and let him get his players in. No more £28m Iwobi garbage, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.