2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its not like theres complete uncertainty or nothing.

This will the hardest window that anybody will have worked in.

This is a world cup summer on steriods window.
gonna be a crap 3 summer windows. you have C-19 this year, Euros/ Olympics next year, A potentially delayed ACON in 2021, then the silly Qatar world cup in 2022 which is November/december I think? and then the new edition of the CWC the following summer talk about packed schedules

gonna be a crap 3 summer windows. you have C-19 this year, Euros/ Olympics next year, A potentially delayed ACON in 2021, then the silly Qatar world cup in 2022 which is November/december I think? and then the new edition of the CWC the following summer talk about packed schedules

Any DoF worth his salt will deal with the problems, I just think its a bit unfair to suggest that we should get people in early.

The way its going most leagues wont even be finishing before September.

Any DoF worth his salt will deal with the problems, I just think its a bit unfair to suggest that we should get people in early.

Well any overseas player will have to spend 2 weeks in solitary for one thing. So that might muck a medical up for starters.

Still feel for marcel came into absolute shambles. Still needs a year to clear Walshes mess. By all reports the scouting and academy setup has only just hit the planned stages will be 3 years min before we see any results from that. And The high TV money has somewhat hamstrung the top division clubs with it almost impossible to prise players from fellow EPL clubs and overseas clubs demanding alot more if needed.

Still feel for marcel came into absolute shambles. Still needs a year to clear Walshes mess. By all reports the scouting and academy setup has only just hit the planned stages will be 3 years min before we see any results from that. And The high TV money has somewhat hamstrung the top division clubs with it almost impossible to prise players from fellow EPL clubs and overseas clubs demanding alot more if needed.

I was fairly confident that we could have put in some work this Summer, a World Class manager and quite a few players out of contract, a few we could have moved on, I mean it looked like we were gonna get 20m for Tosun, then his leg fell off, then The Rona came and made it almost impossible for us to sell our rubbish.

His doubters sadly wont be giving him any leeway this summer tho.

I was fairly confident that we could have put in some work this Summer, a World Class manager and quite a few players out of contract, a few we could have moved on, I mean it looked like we were gonna get 20m for Tosun, then his leg fell off, then The Rona came and made it almost impossible for us to sell our rubbish.

Ive given up hope with our trash this year. small bright spot is that alot of the wasters are OOC in 12 months time and FFP could be eased. Assuming Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie, Scheids and Besic leave thats a like in the ball park of half a mil wages saved should immensely help the finances.

It's kids stuff. It's like Justin Bieber going at the end of a concert your the best fans in the world.
Ancelotti has not come out and declared that Everton has always been his club and has been waiting for the chance to become manager here.

That doesn't mean however that he is not aware of how Evertonians feel about him and it is human nature to feel well disposed towards people who so obviously are willing him to succeed and wish him well .
Anybody can feel the desire at Everton to succeed and he will know of the almost God like status at Everton of men like Royle,Catterick and Kendall , he Wii understand that success will bring him the same adulation.

Ancelotti is probably wealthy enough by now to be practically able to buy the club nevermind manage it so I don't think money is the primary motivating factor.
It never was with men such as Ferguson and Wenger. Money alone could not keep you motivated for a career as long as Ancelotti .

I think he does like the club, the supporters, the ambition, the thirst for success.

I have read that for ambitious people the first thing they lose interest in is money.
They know how to make that, it doesn't provide a challenge anymore.
It is the challenge that keeps them going.

A newspaper article with Carlo's son talking about their time at Everton was put up on Keys and Gray earlier this week. I wish I hadn't deleted it because I'd have like to give you the transcript.

He spoke about how happy they are here. Carlo has been made welcome and understands the 'people's club' description, the history and the passion of the supporters. He loves the place and wants to make his mark here. That's a brief summary but what he's saying is that he 'gets us'.

That is what I have fely from the start, he is here for the long haul. He has been virtually given a clean sheet to build up on.

It is hard to believe that there are any doubters in our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.