2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, that doesn't help, and I don't think it would have made much difference either. However, as you can see from the link, Billy can operate in a space without any pressure. Right up to one of our midfielders has to put pressure on him, which leaves a lot of space and allows him to play through our lines. This is how Chelsea exploits its numerical advantage time and time again.

I think it does as you're basically playing with 10 men. The gaps were there purely down to a bad midfield.

Let's have it right with Gilmore, he's not Pirlo, hes not even Kante, he just did the basics right and found Mount and Barkley who are both comfortable on the ball in tight areas. Our midfield couldn't get near them. They didn't have any ball winners (Gilmore only made 1 successful tackle, and 1 interception).

Additionally, if you look at the reverse fixture you had Iwobi and Walcott helping out and putting pressure in their half. They did nothing going forward to be fair, but the legs to break down play is what was missing massively Sunday.

BUT the plus side for him is he's bringing kids through and will be signing younger players. He's got a good quality squad that only needs tweeking. And these young players will be thinking - "Playing for Lampard WOW! This guys won everything in football except the World Cup"

And that cant happen under Carlo??

He knows he can't rely on the kids. He practically said so from November when they barely won a game. Theyve lost 9 games which is the worst in the top 9.

I think it does as you're basically playing with 10 men. The gaps were there purely down to a bad midfield.

Let's have it right with Gilmore, he's not Pirlo, hes not even Kante, he just did the basics right and found Mount and Barkley who are both comfortable on the ball in tight areas. Our midfield couldn't get near them. They didn't have any ball winners (Gilmore only made 1 successful tackle, and 1 interception).

Additionally, if you look at the reverse fixture you had Iwobi and Walcott helping out and putting pressure in their half. They did nothing going forward to be fair, but the legs to break down play is what was missing massively Sunday.
Wish we had "Billy" here.

Wish we had "Billy" here.

our Billy Kennys light went out too quickly. poor fella

I suppose the nature of football is, following on from a horrible defeat to focus heavily on the negatives, however I don't think Carlo is the problem here. Given the clubs circumstances he is a better manager than we could ever have hoped for. Since Moist we've tried Martinez, Koeman, BFS, Unsworth (caretaker), Silva, Ferguson (caretaker) if CA doesn't move us on a level it won't be just down to him so hopefully he, brands, the scouts and coaches can get it right. If things hit the skids again I'm not sure where we would go after him.

Ten goals in four games conceded isn't good. If Ferguson hadn't got the points he did in his short tenure Carlo might have found himself mountain climbing.

For the 2nd goal, was just a good turn and awareness from Gilmore to split our midfield as we got back into shape. The rest was just training ground passing through the lines.

The whole thing isn't helped when you hear a player like Siggurdson made only 4 sprints all game and won zero tackles.

DCL misses a chance to claw us back into it...but the game was done by then. Heads went.
Bloody hell, if we're now writing off games where we would be only one goal behind then there's no hope for us.

Bloody hell, if we're now writing off games where we would be only one goal behind then there's no hope for us.

Was clear as day though. Mentality isn't there still away from home.

Same when we played the RS under 8s in the FA Cup. Should've been out of sight by half time. We weren't, they got confident, we folded and got scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.