2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got so many poor players, mina being one, but he definitely gets in this team.
He needs to sort out his eleven. Surely Leighton Baines gets in somehow? I reckon he’s a far better centre mid than Davies. Even play digne in front of him is better than sig...I’m sure Carlo will get it right but he’s not at the moment

I hope he is happy to stay for the long haul.

He may well be happy to stick around but it may not be his decision, Moshiri has sacked a manager every year he’s been at Everton, plus two interims. He loves it.

Ancelotti has averaged circa 18 months in pretty much every job he’s ever had bar Milan, over the last 25 years.

Hopefully he bucks the trend with us but all the smart money is on a fleeting relationship with this one.

He may well be happy to stick around but it may not be his decision, Moshiri has sacked a manager every year he’s been at Everton, plus two interims. He loves it.

Ancelotti has averaged circa 18 months in pretty much every job he’s ever had bar Milan, over the last 25 years.

Hopefully he bucks the trend with us but all the smart money is on a fleeting relationship with this one.

Tend to agree. Can't fault Carlo for any game other than the FA cup derby IMO; it's just the state of the squad (and club). So, a crucial summer ahead. Get it right and we set ourselves up for success. Get it wrong, Carlo is pushed ever so slightly out of the door.

Carlos messed up yesterday, Sigs,Gomes and Davies in midfield, could you have a weaker midfield? Pushing Holgate up into midfield would have been a better option. Why isn’t Mina playing?

Because Mina was woeful against Arsenal so got dropped. Keane came in done o.k against Utd so retained his place and was terrible yesterday. Mina will be back in I should imagine for Monday.

Carlo has improved us loads since what we were seeing week in week out under Silva, in the last week he has said we are not far away from challenging these top sides everytime we play them, Keane was just being Keane, he was right about our centre midfield but I've been saying since the Man U game when Gomez came back, we can't put Davies and Gomez together.

At the moment Davies and Gomez's mobility in the middle is killing us especially against top sides like Man U and Chelsea who have much quicker players in midfield, we can't press them effectively, Gomez needs a more mobile partner in there to see out the season.
Not yet he hasn't -- Carlo's won 18 points in the PL so far from his 11 games; those same fixtures last season produced 17.

Ancelotti must be given time, and it is far too early to conclude. So far, the results have been slightly above expectations. However, what worries me most about Ancelotti is his lack of a clear playing philosophy. Guerdiola, Klopp, Rodgers, Lampard, Wilder, Santo all have a clear philosophy, while Ancelotti has adapted his philosophy to the player material more or less throughout his career. It works fine in a big club with star players, but in a club where you have neither player material nor the resources to compete with the best, you have to think differently. That is why I am worried about future developments.

The knee-jerk here is a quite extraordinary. One bad game and people think he might not hang around/work for us. You have got to be joking.

We beat United last week if VAR wasn't cooked, the same United that is probably the in form team in the league. We beat Arsenal if Calvert-Lewin doesn't miss two sitters. Carlo can't put them in the net himself.

Our two best young players Holgate and DCL sign five year deals, and specifically say a major reason is Carlo. We go from a selling club to a keep club/buying club because of him.

He has somehow got the team to perform when we have arguably the worst midfield in the league.

Grab a becks, have a lie down and start blowing up this time next year if we have two good transfer windows and we are still inconsistent.

The knee-jerk here is a quite extraordinary. One bad game and people think he might not hang around/work for us. You have got to be joking.

We beat United last week if VAR wasn't cooked, the same United that is probably the in form team in the league. We beat Arsenal if Calvert-Lewin doesn't miss two sitters. Carlo can't put them in the net himself.

Our two best young players Holgate and DCL sign five year deals, and specifically say a major reason is Carlo. We go from a selling club to a keep club/buying club because of him.

He has somehow got the team to perform when we have arguably the worst midfield in the league.

Grab a becks, have a lie down and start blowing up this time next year if we have two good transfer windows and we are still inconsistent.
Good post.

Should've been fairly obvious to most that the guy was going to need far longer than a dozen games to completely turn us around.

Agree with most of this apart from the excuses for the results -- Silva would still be here now if we accepted that the reasons for his sacking were to do with everything but his own shortcomings as a manager. As they say, football is a results business, and irrespective of what CA has brought to the club, the results so far (if not general performances) are showing little improvement.

Enough to sign 3 or 4 quality players. North of £100m at least.

Ok, so let’s say we signed 3 players at £35m each. What positions would they be in and what would be your minimum expectations for Carlo going into next season?

The board must give him money this summer. Game changing money. He needs support to completely revamp this pathetic squad.

I hoping that's the reason he keeps playing both underperforming players who are not up to the task and players who just arent good enough. Is there a need to name them. We know who they are. So I'm hoping he is letting them play themselves out of the club. Talking to brands/mosh saying look I'm giving these lads plenty game time and they are just not up to it.

I cant think of any other reason why keane/davis/siggy are starting. And it's not through lack of options. Mina should be starting. We went on a decent run with him starting every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.