2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha Ha. Oh my word. Of course it was. And you can add Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Keane and Pickford in there too.

Walsh was responsible for Gueye, Lookman and Calvert Lewin.

Koeman and Brands have loaded a massive player trading loss on us and we'll struggle under it for years.

Double-Dutch Disaster.

That’s very clever. One would almost think you came up with this slogan first and have now concocted a story to back it up.

He’s absolutely right with what he says though.

What, with the bleedin obvious ancelotti has a tough job. Cheers Roy we hadnt guessed. Its more the fact the likes himself sit there and comment on football management when he's had a go and was awful and yet so many still take his views as important. Comment on players performances by all means. But if asked about managers just say move on to the next subject as i clearly couldnt do it.

What, with the bleedin obvious ancelotti has a tough job. Cheers Roy we hadnt guessed. Its more the fact the likes himself sit there and comment on football management when he's had a go and was awful and yet so many still take his views as important. Comment on players performances by all means. But if asked about managers just say move on to the next subject as i clearly couldnt do it.
Did a good job at sunderland and has been involved in pro football his whole life, nonsense to suggest he shouldn't give an opinion on a manager as a paid pundit

Did a good job at sunderland and has been involved in pro football his whole life, nonsense to suggest he shouldn't give an opinion on a manager as a paid pundit

Yeah i remember when we were battering his team 7-1 at goodison he looked brilliant.
He's nothing but a shock jock now put there to cause a stir. His views on successful managers are void. People who take it serious are clowns. The fella sits there and critices the most successful british manager of all time. Let the ego go.

It will take time, to turn it around.But so far Ancelotti is doing a great job.But still though to show up at Stamford Bridge, and suffer the result that we did today, is very disappointing.We just can't do the business in these grounds, for love nor money.

Don't get the mentality of entertaining football...

Play football to win, however, good management in league competition in my opinion recognises when it's time to shut up shop and amass points even one point at a time.

Today was not to far off the strongest team we can put out...Carlo now will see what this squad is capable on the pitch and adjusts tactics accordingly...

Or he is going to see what his reputation gets him if we put in a similar performance in our next match.

....it was obvious from very early we were getting overrun in midfield yet he did nothing to change it which I thought was a bit odd.
I agree but he didn't really have any midfield options. I thought maybe he could have brought on Mina and pushed holgate into midfield, but that would have been a risky move.

Did people expect us to go unbeaten just because he's Carlo Ancelotti. He's got the same group of players who have form for this. The season had some expectation put back on it with talk of europe and the players have bricked it again.

I agree but he didn't really have any midfield options. I thought maybe he could have brought on Mina and pushed holgate into midfield, but that would have been a risky move.

...that was an option, or simply dropping Richarlison back to leave 1 up top and seeing if it made a difference for 20mins.

I think Ancelotti needs to go back to basics again with this mob. They're not quite good enough to play expansively against the big boys without leaving plenty of opportunities to concede (that the better teams with more clinical players in front of goal will take). I'm not saying that we go back to a Fat Scam negativity, but that in the process of trying to improve, we've gone beyond our playing abilities.

I think some of the players have the ability to play at the top level in the way Ancelotti would like and take risks, but that it's probably something they should be working towards as a team. Some I have severe doubts over ever getting there. I think this is the first main test now for Ancelotti. How does he turn this around? We're stuck in mid-table now, with hard games to come and a derby game that requires a huge performance from us (I don't want that lot winning owt at Goodison Park, let alone a league) and Europa Cup starting to vanish from view.

Is this season a write off? Either way, he needs to get back to organising that defensive set up so that it can cope with some of the deficiencies in it. Easier said than done.

Carlos messed up yesterday, Sigs,Gomes and Davies in midfield, could you have a weaker midfield? Pushing Holgate up into midfield would have been a better option. Why isn’t Mina playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.