2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says stuff like it’s the easiest thing in the world. Like qualifying for the CL isn’t even an issue for someone like him. This is what having a real winner with ambition looks like rather than a couple of narcissists who are more interested in playing golf or auditioning for a different job. Carlo is focused on winning here and that’s the key difference between him and every manager since Royle and early Moyes (who started auditioning for the United job towards the end of his time here)

He says stuff like it’s the easiest thing in the world. Like qualifying for the CL isn’t even an issue for someone like him. This is what having a real winner with ambition looks like rather than a couple of narcissists who are more interested in playing golf or auditioning for a different job. Carlo is focused on winning here and that’s the key difference between him and every manager since Royle and early Moyes (who started auditioning for the United job towards the end of his time here)

Single handedly transform the mindset of the club and fans. Best managerial appointment we’ve had in decades just base on this alone.

It’s nice to hear him say it but I don’t have the confidence in him getting the players he wants/needs to do it.

I think he will get what we need / want in.

He is right in that the spine is strong. Imagine being told 12 months ago that we would have Ancelotti as manager and he would be giving his seal of approval to Holgate and DCL as key players.

Careful additions in the summer will push us right into the mix for the top places.

Great interview with Carlo on Soccer AM.

If you didn't know it already, just a great manager. Some great anecdotes, casually told as per, about not signing Roberto Baggio (who wanted to play the 10) because he didn't want to change his 4-4-2 system - but then changed his system with Juventus so Zidane could play in the 10.

CHARLIE NICHOLAS

Has Carlo Ancelotti’s success at Everton been a surprise?

Yes. I cannot deny that. I have seen Everton four times since he took over. I cannot say I was overly impressed by the way they played. I saw them at West Ham where they got a draw, but I do not know how they got that. They got a point at home to Newcastle too and they got away with that. Dominic Calvert Lewin’s goals have been important and the turnaround has been fabulous, so it has surprised me.

I did not know Ancelotti was the type they needed. I thought they needed an aggressive manager and maybe Ancelotti has been behind the scenes, but we saw with the VAR decision against Man United that he has that capability. His personality as a player and a manager made me think he would not fit in straight away, so he has surprised me - I hold my hands up.

Everton have not improved so much in defence but are much better going forward. If they give him honesty and effort then they can see where they can go. I am surprised how quickly he has turned it around, but they have a big game at Chelsea at the weekend so they must keep it going. Finally, they have someone they can trust.

lol Got away with that lol,All us till we messed up. At west ham we could have nicked it 2nd half
-----

MATT LE TISSER

Carlo Ancelotti has an incredibly good CV. He is one of the best managers in the world so it is not a surprise to see he has made a difference at Everton. They were crying out for a manager of his calibre. They have tried several differing people bu the managers they have had before were a level below Ancelotti. The club has a history, fan base and the investment to do well, it was that manager they were after, in that world-class bracket.
-----

PHIL THOMPSON

I think Everton are enjoying a great run with Carlo Ancelotti. He is a good tactician but he is a lot more than that as a man-manager. He has a special way and is a calming influence on the sideline. He makes the players believe in themselves. As we saw after the Man Utd game though, he does have an angry side to him - he is more than just a nice guy.
He has done a really good job, but it will be down to the recruitment in the summer to see if they can move on and progress to another level.

I
CHARLIE NICHOLAS

Yes. I cannot deny that. I have seen Everton four times since he took over. I cannot say I was overly impressed by the way they played. I saw them at West Ham where they got a draw, but I do not know how they got that. They got a point at home to Newcastle too and they got away with that. Dominic Calvert Lewin’s goals have been important and the turnaround has been fabulous, so it has surprised me.

I did not know Ancelotti was the type they needed. I thought they needed an aggressive manager and maybe Ancelotti has been behind the scenes, but we saw with the VAR decision against Man United that he has that capability. His personality as a player and a manager made me think he would not fit in straight away, so he has surprised me - I hold my hands up.

Everton have not improved so much in defence but are much better going forward. If they give him honesty and effort then they can see where they can go. I am surprised how quickly he has turned it around, but they have a big game at Chelsea at the weekend so they must keep it going. Finally, they have someone they can trust.

lol Got away with that lol,All us till we messed up. At west ham we could have nicked it 2nd half
-----

MATT LE TISSER

Carlo Ancelotti has an incredibly good CV. He is one of the best managers in the world so it is not a surprise to see he has made a difference at Everton. They were crying out for a manager of his calibre. They have tried several differing people bu the managers they have had before were a level below Ancelotti. The club has a history, fan base and the investment to do well, it was that manager they were after, in that world-class bracket.
-----

PHIL THOMPSON

I think Everton are enjoying a great run with Carlo Ancelotti. He is a good tactician but he is a lot more than that as a man-manager. He has a special way and is a calming influence on the sideline. He makes the players believe in themselves. As we saw after the Man Utd game though, he does have an angry side to him - he is more than just a nice guy.
He has done a really good job, but it will be down to the recruitment in the summer to see if they can move on and progress to another level.
Is charlie actually taking the mick? Dont know how he gets away with being a football pundit. It's clear as day he doesnt watch enough games to make a judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.