2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Archie mate we would get dry bummed with that line up.

We'll beat Brighton and all will be well with the world again.
We'll get dry bummed anyway, the derby was the straw that broke the camel's back. The fans will be baying for blood against Brighton and our players will revert to scared little schoolboys again and get bullied by Brighton's tougher players.

Surely no coming back for some of these players after this mess, finally might see a proper clear out
Buy Tosun for 10m, get Schneiderlin, Walcott and Sigurdsson for free, plus we'll pay half their wages until the end date of their contract with us. Can't argue with that, Villa should be all over it.

Schneids was the only one walking around, the rest tried but were trying to play from the back as instructed and it was a woeful decision. It happens, all managers get it wrong some times, no biggie really. What is wrong is not being able to see that and just thinking that 15 players forgot how to play against a load of kids.

Madness

I can accept tactics having an effect on how the players play etc, I can't have tactics being the issue with players showing zero passion or fight.

Brighton is still a must win for league position, confidence and to stop the mini rot.

Pickford
Coleman, Keane, Mina, Baines
Davies, holgate,

I would then be looking at putting three kids somewhere between midfield and attack. If you play all three together then they make show their knowledge of eachothers game combined with energy and determination to put in a decent performance. I would be showing the 'professionals' that they arent untouchable. Only reason i have started Pickford, coleman and mina is because we are short in those area's.

Richarlison did his usual disappearance act when the going got tough, Walcott is inconsistent, whereas Morgan is consistent....ly [Poor language removed].
I doubt my suggestions are even close to Carlo's mind but if we were another 6 points up the table id be making an example out of some of the players.

It's the fact that it was a Liverpool team in name only that made it, in my opinion, arguably the worst defeat in the club's history (that I know of).

Most of those lads who Klopp fielded will never play a league game for them. The Spaniard who bossed the midfield was garbage, the centre-back who's only ever played in Budesliga II was all over the place and that left-back was nearly poor enough to play for Everton. Throw in the sight of Lallana and Origi looking like de Bruyne and Drogba, and it's easy to see why this is a watershed moment for many.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of others feel the same way.

Spot on this.

I am just appalled at the lack of options there are to make up a half-decent starting xi. Every time I try to put together a potential line up I realise we have an absolutely diabolical defence and no midfield at all.

I'd go for this against Brighton, even though I think the team will struggle.

Loessl
Coleman Holgate Gibson Baines
Baningame Davies Delph
Kean Gordon Richarlison
Players need to be shown they are replaceable and their performances will not be tolerated. I am specifically pointing out Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Delph, Mina, Keane, Walcott, even Digne and Pickford for their shambolic efforts this season, and Sidibe who is very hot and cold. We have to play some of them as we literally have nobody else, but if now isn't time to blood some of the best-performing under 23s, when is?

I'd get Feeney, Broadhead and Simms in the squad too.
WHo are you going to boo out of that lot when we are 5-0 down?

Status
Not open for further replies.