2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its absolutely true. It was a minor blip. The squad cost 100s of millions. Even the most basic coach could get a tune out of them. At the moment that's all.Carlo has done.

He has a lot more to prove. And if he doesn't show we can beat the top teams come September/October then he must go as the gamble to pick an old/possibly past it big name.manager will have failed.

Everton will never go down in this moneyball era. Never. It's a question of how many gos to we have gambling to get into the top 4/5.

Martinez - post Belgium - is the candle that always shines.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Come on fella take off the wind up merchant mask.

Anyone know how many days off the players are given since Saturday or when there due back. Seeing all of them are pretty much miles away from home abroad

Days off until net game?

Well Tom and Dom seem to be living it up in Manhattan. And good luck to them. They should check out the Turnmill bar, home of NYC Toffees.

We beat mid-table teams and “its only them”. Top 6 steam them, and their fans and media woo over it.

I hate how our fans take beating none top 6 teams as a given when we do it. Silva and Koeman got fired precisely because we couldn’t beat these teams. Teams like Norwich, Sheffield United, Villa were playing us off the park often at Goodison as well. Yet as soon as Ancelotti gets us back to looking as though we can beat most none top 6 teams at Goodison it quickly becomes ‘its only Palace, it’s only Brighton’. There are no easy games and we don’t have a divine right to be best of the rest or anything higher. We are where we are now purely through some good management by Ancelotti that’s it.

I don't know if you were able to fully appreciate the 1980's team, but the effect was seismic and to simply state that Howard 'won us things' is, I think, a massive understatement. Don't misunderstand me, I am delighted that we have got Carlo and if he can come anywhere near Kendall's achievements he will be a legend, but you will never convince me that he is a whole different ball game. Howard was denied the best years of his life at Everton through no fault of his or ours, and although Carlo has had an immediate impact it's way too early.

I’m to young to mate 38 but I can only go on the now and Carlo ;)

Not really since compare our form since Silva left to when he was there. We've won about 21 points since he left. we lost 14 points from the time we lost to Sheffield United. Are you really honestly suggesting that we couldn't of got results against Burnley, which was caused by Silva's zonal marking the likes of Brighton and Leicester? Do you think we'd be in a better or worse situation if Silva was still here?

Worse mate as he couldn’t change his tactics

Carlo ancelotti is a risk but mikel arteta is a better option for me and I will be on the same and I will be on foot with my wife who is a more skilled but ksi way to be able to go back to the doctors and the doctor and other than her wife and her wife who will be mot'd her for the next chapter of the year and she will be back open Monday.

Hope you don't mind me asking, do you know/or are you related to a bloke who goes by the name of Darren?

My manager!

Amazing to hear. First time in a long time that it seems like we have a long term plan and the person to deliver it. ‘We will get better year on year’ this is the right approach rather than Moshiri’s original get Koeman in and open the chequebook instant fix. Marcel and Ancelloti leading us back to the top properly.

Good to hear him assess the training ground too as one of the best he’s seen. If we have top tactics on the pitch, we have top infrastructure, and soon to be in a top stadium then the final hurdle is just getting top players. For the first time in our prem history though we’ll have all the other pieces and the resources to buy top players. We’re arguably closer to real success right now than we have been at any point since 87.

are you mad?? Sack the donafter 6 months ?!?!

how Much rs mainstream media koolaid did you drink fella?

If he doesn't perform after we blow a load in the summer, and if we are still kicking around the dregs then yes he's off.

No rs influence for me fella. I've known the blues when they were top of the pile and wont settle. Likewise modern footy means if we are in the doldrums come late autumn then he'll be off regardless.

QPR spent millions on their squad and got relegated. So too did Villa a few years back.

You're better that that moosh. Don't compare us to such clubs.

Sack Ancelotti is September or October?! Who exactly are we bringing in at that time with better credentials?

Whichever cab is next off the blocks. At his age carlo is a massive risk. Time will tell if it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.