2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd think news such as the planning application for the new stadium being submitted would be overshadowed by our new manager's press conference? That's how big the appointment of Ancelotti is. This is massive.
Word my brother. I see me and you as forum realists, and we couldn't even put a negative slant on this, no matter how hard we tried ;)

I loved the way he shut that reporter down who mentioned he’d ‘only ever managed top clubs’ by mentioning his time at the likes of Parma. Clearly the reporter hasn’t done his research and is going along with all the other media journalist and pundit narratives that he’s just a manager who takes over top teams when they are purposely built and wins trophies.

Has davek started slagging him off yet?
He hasnt sold 20 players yet, what’s he up to the fraud.
keeping Duncan Ferguson, what’s he ever done?.
New stadium is a waste etc etc etc...

I loved the way he shut that reporter down who mentioned he’d ‘only ever managed top clubs’ by mentioning his time at the likes of Parma. Clearly the reporter hasn’t done his research and is going along with all the other media journalist and pundit narratives that he’s just a manager who takes over top teams when they are purposely built and wins trophies.

Mate, his Parma side was absolutely a top team when he joined them, they had the likes of Inzaghi, Stoichkov, and Zola as well as Cannavaro, Sensini, Baggio and Asprilla. To argue otherwise is absolutely nonsense. They were one of the best clubs around then, they finished 2nd in Serie A, ahead of the great Inter side that had the likes of Ronaldo, Djorkaeff and Simeone.

The only side he's managed that weren't already a top side is the 1st club he ever managed, Reggiana and he brought them up from Serie B. Every other club has absolutely been one of the best, and that's fine. This is something different to all of that, which is fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, his Parma side was absolutely a top team when he joined them. To argue otherwise is absolutely nonsense. They were one of the best clubs around then, they had finished 2nd in Serie A when he took over, ahead of the great Inter side that had the likes of Ronaldo, Djorkaeff and Simeone. Parma had sensational players like Buffon, Cannavaro, Sensini, Thuram, Baggio, Chiesa, Crespo and Asprilla.

The only side he's managed that weren't already a top side is the 1st club he ever managed, Reggiana and he brought them up from Serie B. Every other club has absolutely been one of the best, and that's fine. This is something different to all of that, which is fine too.

He signed Thuram and Chiesa, Buffon was 18 years old you blimp.

It was the way he was shaking his head as some no mark reporter insinuates we can’t possibly be successful against the top 6. Imagine what he was thinking in that moment ‘who is this clown, I’m Carlo Ancelotti mate’

Status
Not open for further replies.