Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgraceful appointment...

We should be following the BIG clubs like Arsenal...going for truly (potentially) world class managers. Certainly not an established, highly experienced world class manager with enormous respect from the worlds greatest superstars and a proven track record of success adopting different tactical formations to suit the players at his disposal...league titles in 4 countries and 3 european cups.

As above, Arsenal have the legendary world class Arteta...a truly global superstar who can attract the Messis and Ronaldos of the world...i even fear Ibra would crawl (and swim) from LA to play for him...

Who wouldnt want someone comparable as our manager...an appointment to shake the depths of the global football industry....i give you...

John Ebbrell.

Mental this... we are about to announce one of the worlds elite coaches and I can read nothing about it in the paper. 3 columns on Arteta, why hes a good choice and City being jolly vexed, however.
It's on. :)

Everton set to appoint Carlo Ancelotti on £9m-a-year deal
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
December 19 2019, 12:01am, The Times

Ancelotti could take over as manager at Goodison Park by the end of this week

Ancelotti could take over as manager at Goodison Park by the end of this week IAN WALTON/REUTERS

Duncan Ferguson’s stint as Everton caretaker manager is set to extend to the Premier League game against Arsenal on Saturday as negotiations to make Carlo Ancelotti the club’s new permanent appointment continue.

Ancelotti has returned to Italy where discussions are taking place with former club Napoli over the severance package on a contract which was scheduled to run until 2021 before his sacking last week.

The 60-year-old is keen to succeed Marco Silva at Goodison Park, having held lengthy talks with the owner Farhad Moshiri, the chairman Bill Kenwright and director of football, Marcel Brands, and will become the highest-paid manager in Everton’s history if there are no late hitches.

An incentivised contract worth around £9 million-a-year has been discussed, according to sources in Italy.
Ancelotti’s son, Davide, is poised to join Everton as part of his backroom staff, with Ferguson having been told he will have a place in the new regime.

Ferguson saw Everton lose 4-2 on penalties in the Carabao Cup against Leicester City last night, but only after they had staged a strong comeback from 2-0 down.

The Scot guided the club to a win over Chelsea and a draw at Manchester United in the opening games of his interim spell in charge and has made an impression in rousing supporters behind their team again.

The tight turnaround before Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off with Arsenal, and the fact negotiations with Ancelotti are still to be finalised, means Ferguson is likely to get a fourth match.

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti...

not something I thought I’d be hearing ever.
Just everything about this appointment finally makes me believe we’re serious about actually pushing on.

We have tried the young “upcoming” manager in Silva, we’ve tried the respected manager in Koeman, now it’s time for the superstar name.

My Only worry now is will he be like Koeman? As in will his heart be in it? Or will be be on the “Golf Course”.
With him though we should be able to attract some big, big names.

Im excited.

No doubt happening due to the amount of money we are throwing at him, but I hope that even without European football we can attract big names to get us there with players wanting to play under him

This is bonkers. Cant fault the club here its way beyond my expectation for the new manager. You would think he has been given some assurances over transfer funds available if he does sign so looks very positive. If only we had beat leicester last night!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.