Carlo Ancelotti: 'Deadwood, mismanagement & a total rebuild' - is this his biggest challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
“a midfield that is arguably the worst in recent Everton history”

Somehow Carlo has to get some energy into our midfield. A couple of solid, honest performers on the cheap will do to start.
Just a couple who value the process of winning the bloody ball would be a start wouldn't it.

Still think about that Chelsea loss where Lampard just sent a load of energy out and obliterated us.

This is his biggest challenge by some distance.
It would also be his biggest achievement if he wins anything.

I think two things are true here: the article is just about spot on, and that Carlo already knows it. The only question is can the inventive Moshiri and his gang of advisers come up with some cunning ways of thwarting the FFP rules.

Even to someone who has more football stupids than smarts (me) the needs are bloody obvious. Athleticism in midfield; at least one winger who can scratch a few goals and cross a ball fairly accurately; a RB to replace Seamus who has given wonderful service but just isn't with the pack these days and, as the article says, a bit of leadership spread through the team.

The last four managers we've had have been utter hounds & I think Carlo represents our last chance saloon.

We have to support him through thick - and more often in the short term - thin till things come together.

Not exactly news is it? Just repeats what the great majority have said on here apart from other fan sites. What is really damaging is the BBC showing it for the wide world to read. Now the fans of crap clubs like WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Brighton, Newcastle and 4 or 5 others can crow about what the article is actually saying, which is we must have the worst team in the premiership with poor prospects in the medium term.

Both McNulty and Ratcliffe pulling no punches there..

Interesting read, if a bit on the doom-and-gloom side of things like.
I think it’s a reasonable assessment.
We have another season to go with a lot of the bad contracts. We need to do our best and stay afloat this year then push on next summer when the albatross around our neck is removed.

I don't think we are 100 miles away from competing for Europe. Keeping players fit and bringing in 3/4 good additions to key positions will have us challenging, possibly even for a Champions League place next season.

We had terrible luck with injuries last season. We also had a raw deal with VAR, and refereeing in general. Lady luck generally wasn't with us.

Familiar excuses I know, but sometimes such is the difference between winning and losing. Confidence comes with winning.

So yes. Given a couple of years, with bringing the right people in for the right positions, I think Marcel and Carlo can turn this around. We are not as bad as some people are saying.

We've had a bad season but were still only a couple of wins off a European spot. We know our weak areas and more importantly so do the management.

I don't think we are 100 miles away from competing for Europe. Keeping players fit and bringing in 3/4 good additions to key positions will have us challenging, possibly even for a Champions League place next season.

We had terrible luck with injuries last season. We also had a raw deal with VAR, and refereeing in general. Lady luck generally wasn't with us.

Familiar excuses I know, but sometimes such is the difference between winning and losing. Confidence comes with winning.

So yes. Given a couple of years, with bringing the right people in for the right positions, I think Marcel and Carlo can turn this around. We are not as bad as some people are saying.

We've had a bad season but were still only a couple of wins off a European spot. We know our weak areas and more importantly so do the management.
Bless you, bless you for holding on to your hopes amongst near total despair. The club should find you a role somewhere, maybe in place of big Dunc?

Not exactly news is it? Just repeats what the great majority have said on here apart from other fan sites. What is really damaging is the BBC showing it for the wide world to read. Now the fans of crap clubs like WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Brighton, Newcastle and 4 or 5 others can crow about what the article is actually saying, which is we must have the worst team in the premiership with poor prospects in the medium term.
The last time I checked the league table doesnt lie.
So we are way off being them worst team in the Premiere league.

Are we where we want to be , obviously not.

Why would you want to worry about what other clubs fans think ?
Pretty strange that.

Status
Not open for further replies.