Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the way you think we could build a new squad of 25 players for 400m.

Thats 16m a player in case you were struggling.

Pickford/Lossl/Virginia
Kenny Holgate Mina Digne
Gomes Gbamin Davies
Bernard Richarlison DCL Kean

+ 11 players for £400mil

= £36mil per player

Probably £40mil+ nett

Every single one of my work colleagues scoffed at the idea that Carlo might come here.

That's the trickle down effect of not controlling your story. Look, when it comes down to it, you act like a door mat, people step on you. The club, board whatever pushed this idea that we were punching above our weight. With the budget Moyes had to work on, we absolutely were. Fine.

However, Kendall was given bare bones to work with as well, not once did we simper and certainly not from Howard, who firmly believed we were the best club in the world, till the day he died. I'm not saying you fake it till you make it but selling us as the plucky underdog is a travesty of our heritage and suited certain individuals.

Finally we have a manager who matches the supporters ambitions and board members hidden or unseen that share that vision. That is called unity and the only way this club was ever and will only achieve success.

This is a huge appointment.This guy has managed some of the biggest clubs in the world, and not only that, but he succeeded at those clubs, and has won everything that there is to win in football.Carlo Ancelotti is a born winner.Now this club is probably 4 to 6 years away, from really challenging at the top table.But he has the experience and the trophy haul, to help get this club back where it belongs.But to get a manager like this is just massive really.

You don't hire a manager like Carlo Ancelotti, if your are just happy enough, with merely making up the numbers in the premier league.The main thing now is to back him with the money, and have a coherent and sensible transfer strategy.We really can't afford to mess this one up, with bad planning and bad signings.But i feel that the long road back to recovery, has started now.The era of having duds like Martinez Koeman Fat Sam and Silva, in the dugout are over.

There's some great minds on this forum, great Evertonians too. I'm not making a call for a season of peace and goodwill to all men. But there is more important matters at hand besides point scoring and bickering. Getting everyone to agree here is as fruitless as herding kangaroos.

Saying that, I believe that this forum amongst others are vitally important and influential. Put ideas out there, let's debate them, maybe the powers that be will take notice. We're at a crucible here and we are all going to play our part, make it something you are going to be proud of.

To those media clowns who say Ancelotti is a big risk because he ‘only knows’ how to manage top sides I say this: only top sides hire top managers, obviously he’s never going to have been tested at a non champions league outfit simply because he’s been that successful.

Would Mourinho be inappropriate for us? Pep? Klopp?

Last edited:
Rebuilding this team won’t be easy, even for a great man like Ancelotti. There might be some dark days in the first couple of years. But when those days arrive we must back him. We need four years of stability now.

Rebuilding this team won’t be easy, even for a great man like Ancelotti. There might be some dark days in the first couple of years. But when those days arrive we must back him. We need four years of stability now.
Evertonians will give to to the second derby defeat then start calling him a fraud mate, Blues are genuinely deranged people! If he has come here to rebuild Everton, he may actually retire before he finishes the job. But if he is given the latitude I am certain he would have demanded, the. He will get the standards of football, the levels of commitment and effort up to another level. Personally that will do me. I want to have to joy I felt coming to Goodison in Roberto’s first season, alloyed with a functioning defence, which will make the whole thing sustainable for more than one season. That is what is required to rebuild a club! Look what City did, they really started to turn a corner when they got Kompany in, it was him who started the revolution. I want Carlo to identify a top, top defender & leader and say to Brands, bust the bank on him!

Status
Not open for further replies.