Carabao Cup 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sona

Player Valuation: £8m
So the second round of fixtures took place tonight.

We’ve seen three Premier League sides exit the competition at the first hurdle and we obviously are yet to play (facing Rotherham tomorrow).

Here are the remaining teams following tonight’s results:

1. Blackburn
  2. Burton
  3. Blackpool
  4. Derby
  5. Preston
  6. Leicester
  7. Middlesbrough
  8. Wolves
  9. Macclesfield
  10. Stoke
  11. West Brom
  12. Crystal Palace
  13. West Ham
  14. Bournemouth
  15. Brentford
  16. Southampton
  17. Norwich
  18. Fulham
  19. Oxford
  20. QPR
  21. Wycombe
  22. Everton/ Rotherham
  23. Nottm Forest/ Newcastle
  24. Millwall/ Plymouth
  25. Reading/ Watford
  26. Man City
  27. Man United
  28. Liverpool
  29. Spurs
  30. Chelsea
  31. Arsenal
  32. Burnley

PL Teams Out:

1. Cardiff
  2. Huddersfield
  3. Brighton

This thread has the potential to fall flat on its behind come this evening yet I'm still going to play along.

Ideally? Wycombe at home.

The reality? Chelsea away.

Last edited:

...erm, we have to beat Rotherham before we even think of the next round.

I’ve actually backed us to win this competition @ 20-1 which is also the kiss of death.
I just can't see it, unless we get a very kind draw. This cup is full of top division teams, and we can't win an away game.

This is a comp we should be targeting - no more sad line ups, full strength go out and win it. Other candidates/teams will all be involved in Europe, we should be able to go all the way in this - especially if we get through tonight and get a healthy home draw.

But let's just take it one game at a time and give the competition all the respect it does not deserve. This season is an opportunity for us to run up on the rails and nick a trophy.

.... To be honest, should we get through tomorrow, it wouldn't be the worst thing to play one of the top six in the next round (ideally at home, of course). They'll no doubt rest most of their first XI, and could be ripe for an upset.

I think Marco needs to be using tonight's game to continue to gel the team and work on his zonal marking system if that's what he's going to stick with. I'm sure there will be a few changes to the side but I'd definitely like to see as many of the first 11 starting as possible. Maybe a bit more time for Bernard and Digne to help fitness. Zouma should definitely come in to cover Keane's injury.

I don't think we'll have an easy game so I'll be happy with any kind of win tonight.

Hopefully see Zouma and Bernard tonight, hoping for a win, but prepared that we may use it to try out the second string and get embarrassed by Rotherham

Status
Not open for further replies.