Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe It's all been decided with regards Utd, the fans want rid of LVG just depends how much influence the detractors have. No harm in wanting the best though.

Whether Mourinho is up for a rebuild is what my stumbling block is.

I don't believe for a second that LVG, and the players don't know his fate.

Surely by now, we'd have heard it's a guaranteed deal, for example with the Moyes to United, it had leaked, and been announced.

No way, they wouldn't say, as it'll boost revenue to United, and considering they're losing a fair bit now, especially with the chance they may miss out on CL football, it would have boosted the players surely.

Not saying he'll come here, just I think LVG will stay!

I think there is only a small chance that United will keep LVG on for another season. The fans can't stand him and he has massively underachieved with a budget that is comparable to Manchester City's. Furthermore it isn't good to have a manager in place who knows he will be leaving in 12 months, it can have an adverse effect on the players motivation and make the transfers of new signings difficult too. I fully expect LVG to be sacked shortly after the cup final, and for Mourinho to replace him.

dont like him personally but 'The Times' said he was in talks with Everton, today.

Yep...Sunday Times reporting 'another Prem club' other than Utd have approached Mourinho. The other media are all assuming it's us.

According to the Everton Alerts link Mourinho is "unlikely to accept the Goodison job". This opinion seems to come from the Times journos who may (or may not) have inside info.

I believe It's all been decided with regards Utd, the fans want rid of LVG just depends how much influence the detractors have. No harm in wanting the best though.

Whether Mourinho is up for a rebuild is what my stumbling block is.
The fans hold no sway at United. What the Glasers want is what matters, and I think they'll stick with Louis, in the hope of getting someone better next year. I really dont think they want Mourinho

My thoughts are that no matter what he achieves at Man U he will never be Sir Alex Ferguson. His legacy looms like a shadow over anyone who steps into that hot seat and will do for many a generation.

Mourinho is an icon at Chelsea. He delivered trophies and put them amongst the elite.

At Everton he would only need to deliver a trophy to be revered. Add in the momentum of a young talented squad with fresh backing from Moshiri and he could be on a real winner here. His ego would love to out do the media darling across the park too. What better place to do it than at the founders of Merseyside football. NSNO.

The fans hold no sway at United. What the Glasers want is what matters, and I think they'll stick with Louis, in the hope of getting someone better next year. I really dont think they want Mourinho

Hopefully. Would certainly shake the footballing world up were he to come here. Like I said before the suspense is torture.

I said in an earlier post theres a lot of internal politics at United with some of their beloved legends not wanting Jose there,the fact that Giggs is being gròomed to take over in the near future,obviously getting a CL place could be the deciding factor in all this but I just get the feeling its a fine margin whether they decide Jose is the man they want or whether they will wait another year in the hope that Pottechino can be convinced to take the post

That's my main thinking against his coming too...it's a massive challenge and failing could really set back his reputation. He's not guaranteed top 4 nevermind trophies, he'll have to really work for it. He's done it with Porto and Chelsea MK1, tho' the latter's finances at the time hugely outranked anyone else.

He did say a few years ago that he'd manage Spurs or Everton back when both clubs were regularly finishing best-of-the-rest in 5th/6th, and we were skint too.

So here's hoping this long break he's had has reignited some fire in his belly!

He wouldn't be guaranteed finishing fourth or winning trophies at OT either, Doc.

And failing to crack it at United would be a heck of a lot bigger blow to his reputation than failing to do do at Everton, given the differences in resources and where both clubs are at the moment.

Coming to Everton is much less a risk for Jose than going to United, IMO.

He wouldn't be guaranteed finishing fourth or winning trophies at OT either, Doc.

And failing to crack it at United would be a heck of a lot bigger blow to his reputation than failing to do do at Everton, given the differences in resources and where both clubs are at the moment.

also good point, khal....here's hoping José sees it that way too!

Yup, this. Plus, for what it's worth, if he finishes top 4 - he's already been successful with us. To add a cup of some sort to that and he's our most successful manager since 1995. If, as @dholliday said, there's fire in his belly we'd be a much better choice than Man Utd imo.

I said in an earlier post theres a lot of internal politics at United with some of their beloved legends not wanting Jose there,the fact that Giggs is being gròomed to take over in the near future,obviously getting a CL place could be the deciding factor in all this but I just get the feeling its a fine margin whether they decide Jose is the man they want or whether they will wait another year in the hope that Pottechino can be convinced to take the post

Agreed.

The last thing we want today is United clinching the fourth CL place.

If that happens they will see themselves as possible winners of the trophy next season with the right man in charge.....and who is better for the short term fix than Jose?

But if they fail today then hopefully they will do what they so obviously want to do.......give it to Giggs.

And then we can all sit back and watch the sister in law bothering beaut crash and burn ;)

Yup, this. Plus, for what it's worth, if he finishes top 4 - he's already been successful with us. To add a cup of some sort to that and he's our most successful manager since 1995. If, as @dholliday said, there's fire in his belly we'd be a much better choice than Man Utd imo.

aye, he really doesn't need to do much to be revered here...top 4 and any kind of trophy within two years is standard for him.

The last thing we want today is United clinching the fourth CL place.

If that happens they will see themselves as possible winners of the trophy next season with the right man in charge.....and who is better for the short term fix than Jose?

But if they fail today then hopefully they will do what they so obviously want to do.......give it to Giggs.

interesting...most on here are hoping Utd qualify for CL as that could mean they keep Van Gaal.

aye, he really doesn't need to do much to be revered here...top 4 and any kind of trophy within two years is standard for him.

interesting...most on here are hoping Utd qualify for CL as that could mean they keep Van Gaal.

Indeed, Doc.

But I take the opposite view.

LVG will not inspire them to victory in the CL next season.....he couldn't even steer them through the group stages this one.

Ed Woodward and the United fans know this.......there seems little point in letting him blow another King's ransome in the transfer market when apart from an odd flash, his OT reign has been bang average.

IMO they are more likely to win it with Jose in charge than the Dutchman.

Which is why I think it better for our chances to sign Jose if they fail to qualify.

Give the gig to Giggsy, Ed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.