Can we realistically finish 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see where we are after we've played Man Utd and Arsenal. They will be the big tests for how far we've come as a club.

Despite their record, I've not been overly impressed with Arsenal this year. Think if we take 3 points out of those to matches, we'll be in good shape.

Arsenal just seem to have the knack of winning, when they play the bad teams they generally seem to just pull it out. We never seem to just win a game, its always tight.

Manure will spend BIG but probably piss a lot of that up if buying in the fickle Jan window. Liverpool are better (thus far) at getting 3 points against weaker opposition than we are (draws are our specialty).
Top 4? no (my view)
5th?...between Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Southampton and us

rotk1040.jpg

No, we can not.

But we will meet them in battle none the less.

In my opinion Chelsea, City and probably Arseanal are nailed on. Leaving United, the RS and us as the three vying for 4th. We are every bit as good as the two media franchises and have a decent chance.

Long shot but it is achievable. There is very little between the first 11's of most of the clubs at the top, including ourselves. Squad depth will always tell though in a 38 game campaign.

As more money comes into the English game though, clever purchases could result in the league getting even tighter.
I do wonder if the CL will possibly expand again due to the new tv deals.

I was looking at the Table and thought we're better than the 7th we're in at the Moment.

It's all about form, did anyone seriously think we'd stay in the top 4, around 10 years ago?

i'd say an excellent example is Real Sociedad, i know they're in a different league, but they were right down the bottom, then won a game, got confidence, and ended up on an amazing run, and finished top 4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Real_Sociedad_season#Matches

Obviously certain things are different, but essentially, we're a good team, but there are certainly 4 better sides than us, but if we have the right determination and self belief, and we avoid injuries why not? We've shown we are no push overs, but just need to turn those Draws into Wins.

Either way, I'd snap your hand off for more Euro nights watching the blues, be it Champions League or Europa League.

If wins were 2 and draws were 1 I'd say we could win the league but they aren't so we'll finish 5th. F. U. Jimmy Hill

Man City
Arsenal
Man Utd
Chelsea
Tottenham

There is a lot of teams going for that top four. So no, I don't think so.

Man City
Arsenal
Man Utd
Chelsea
Tottenham

There is a lot of teams going for that top four. So no, I don't think so.

Hardly lighting the world on fire them two though Bundasaur. Even Chelsea seem a shadow of their former selves.

Admittedly, every one of those has a stronger squad than us but in terms of best XI's, I'd fancy us against Tottenham, United and Chelsea.

We're in the mix, and that's as much as you could ask at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.