Can Everton adopt the England Approach

Read first then answer : Can Everton win the league this year?

• If England can win the World Cup then why not?

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • No chance I’ll forever be a negative ninny.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Scouse not English

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKwalnuts

Player Valuation: £10m
Summarising here but there are some comparisons to be had with the England Team and Everton.

England teams gone by -
Can’t do it under pressure, when it counts.
Players feel the weight of fan expectation.
History of successful teams used as a pedestal to compare current players against.
Bottle it against their main rivals
Fans disengaged from players.
Polarising decisions from those at the top
Poor recruitment of coaching staff
Faith in past it big names who lack motivation

Suddenly - Gareth Southgate gets the job, and reverses a lot of the fear both in fans beginning to believe and in player’s confidence, improves team spirit and backs youth to deliver.

Shows that with the right strategy, and all believing in it, that an underdog, or a written off sleeping giant, can suddenly put a run together to make people fear them and make tons of waning fans want to support positively again and believe they can win the highest of honours.

The nations with the better players, the reputations for being bigger and more successful have all fell away, and the teams with the best spirit and ethic have prevailed.

Leceister went on a mad run out of no where with a lower league no mark in Vardy,
England went on a mad run with a no cap holding young North Eastern Goalie, who also toughed it out in lower leagues as part of his development, to assist in this teams progress too.

I think what I’m asking is - if you think England can now win the World Cup then do you think it’s possible that Everton can win the league this year?

I'm confused. Is the question can/will Everton adopt the England approach, or can Everton win the Premier League this season?

Anyways.... the answer to both is no.

sure w/ a favorable schedule, a bit of luck, and injuries happening to the other team and not ours this one time, we can win the FA/league cup.

Think this would be hard to achieve over a 10 month season. Easier to implement in the short term. Saying that leicester did it over a season but struggled beyond that

Summarising here but there are some comparisons to be had with the England Team and Everton.

England teams gone by -
Can’t do it under pressure, when it counts.
Players feel the weight of fan expectation.
History of successful teams used as a pedestal to compare current players against.
Bottle it against their main rivals
Fans disengaged from players.
Polarising decisions from those at the top
Poor recruitment of coaching staff
Faith in past it big names who lack motivation

Suddenly - Gareth Southgate gets the job, and reverses a lot of the fear both in fans beginning to believe and in player’s confidence, improves team spirit and backs youth to deliver.

Shows that with the right strategy, and all believing in it, that an underdog, or a written off sleeping giant, can suddenly put a run together to make people fear them and make tons of waning fans want to support positively again and believe they can win the highest of honours.

The nations with the better players, the reputations for being bigger and more successful have all fell away, and the teams with the best spirit and ethic have prevailed.

Leceister went on a mad run out of no where with a lower league no mark in Vardy,
England went on a mad run with a no cap holding young North Eastern Goalie, who also toughed it out in lower leagues as part of his development, to assist in this teams progress too.

I think what I’m asking is - if you think England can now win the World Cup then do you think it’s possible that Everton can win the league this year?
No mate, being totally honest I dont see how Everton can win the league this year.
It’s what Leicester did isn’t it?

We can, but not this year.

I think your a Walnut short of a Mixed Bag of nuts mate. Or onto something. Either way.

I'd buy that Harry Kane you know? He's onto something here.

basically this, England are average/decent (by international standards) with a top top striker. If Everton had one we would straight away challenge top 4 IMO. IM not talking about Lukaku standard btw, he's proved himself to be at least a level below Kane and his peers at this world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.