Cahill interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this not a "jobs for the boys" approach?
I'd say not really. He is doing a lot of work in football so it's not like taking Jeffers in to coach the under 12's

He also has some Harvard education under his belt IIRC (not that means much beyond he wanted to learn and had the money).

Is this not a "jobs for the boys" approach?
When you read the article he is building a hugely respected network and position within the game, taking his Everton connection out of the equation, he seems to be a perfect fit for us to utilise this as we build for our future and look to globalise our appeal.

Putting the Blue tinted glasses back on, sometimes jibs for the boys is the right fit, this could be one of those instances.

As long as he’s the right man for the role why not? However under this new management team I sense that is the route they are gong down, not just giving roles to ex Everton players regardless of their credentials!

football-chelsea-v-everton-fa-cup-final-wembley-stadium-0809-30509-evertons-leighton-baines-and-tim-cahill-r-dejected-at-the-end-mandatory-credit-action-images-tony-obrien-2EBAPNM.jpg

"This season is massive for Frank, it will be the telling of him. Kevin Thelwell [sporting director] also has a very big job. A club like Everton, it needs structuring and football people put in the right positions, from grassroots upwards. The manager is a reflection of trying to finish that on the pitch."

No fool, Cahill. He is spot on about Lampard and Thelwell and he knows Moshiri won't wait forever for evidence of serious improvement. After all, Cahill himself was involved in the selection process that ended with the appointment of Lampard. If he thinks this season "will be the telling of him", I think we all know what the hierarchy expects of Lampard. From the Sky interview yesterday, it's clear Lampard is of the same opinion - making no comments about the future and the stadium. Simply put, it's this season or bust for serious, tangible improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.