Busting our balls [Vadis odjidja ofoe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulham were buying him until we turned up last minute so I'm not so sure we've spotted the player whilst nobody else has heard of him

Yeah, he's not exactly an unknown quantity; he's been capped more than once by the most lauded Belgian national side in years, so managers will definitely have had their eye on him. My concern is that Vadis was Moyes' third choice for a new CM behind N'Zonzi (who I don't particularly rate) and Essien, so wondering how much of an impact he would have for us if we get him in in January.

So Vadis is saying it's our fault.
Everton is saying it is Bruges fault.
Bruges is saying it is the FA's fault.
FA are saying it is FIFA's fault.
FIFA is saying, screw you we don't care and have never done about Everton.

Blaming FIFA is a cop out. They've got to draw the line somewhere. There's no evidence that they've treated us any differently than they would any other club.

If Everton have any sense then they won't appeal. If the paperwork was late then FIFA are within their rights to say no.

The hard lesson for Everton is, if you try to do business in the last hour of the window, there's always a risk. There's too many things that can go wrong. We got lucky with Fellaini, but it's bad practice, and we can't let it happen again.

I think he meant it was a late move full stop i.e. it only materialised on deadline day, as opposed to him blaming Everton for being late.
I heard about it mid-afternoon on the day from a Belgian mate who has an S/T at Brugge.....he was very positive about what Vadis could bring to us having been with me to GP several times ( my mate, not Vadis before the quips start). Got to say I'm really disappointed its off or been delayed.

Blaming FIFA is a cop out. They've got to draw the line somewhere. There's no evidence that they've treated us any differently than they would any other club.

If Everton have any sense then they won't appeal. If the paperwork was late then FIFA are within their rights to say no.

The hard lesson for Everton is, if you try to do business in the last hour of the window, there's always a risk. There's too many things that can go wrong. We got lucky with Fellaini, but it's bad practice, and we can't let it happen again.

What harm would appealing do?

This is extremely disappointing. It's hard to say who screwed up here since we don't know any of the facts. It's entirely possible that the whole deal was formalized too late and it was just impossible to get the paperwork in on time. Obviously "something" wasn't turned in by the deadline.

If absolutely no paperwork had been turned in by the deadline, I can see why FIFA made this decision. What I will say is that if the "initiating" paperwork was turned in on time and the deal had been completely agreed to by 11pm, FIFA really should allow it to go through. They're really screwing both clubs and the player by refusing.

Personally, I think Everton had initiated the process on time but either us or Brugge failed to turn in everything required. Everyone involved seemed rather confident it would go through. If that was the case, I'm really pissed at FIFA. I just hope it doesn't screw us over too much. I'd love to see Vadis join in January.

Just like to add that sometimes there are deals that can only be done on deadline day. Sometimes a selling club's resolve weakens at the last minute and that's how these deals can often take place. And then conversely, sometimes a selling club deliberately waits until deadline day, hoping they'll get the best possible deal.

I know there are risks, but buying on deadline day is not necessarily bad practice. Often it's just the price you pay for persuing a target that a selling club may be reluctant to sell.

The deal can still take place in Jan -so if we lose the appeal then the paperwork is in place for January - why did DM bother wasting time with Essian & Zon guy from Blackburn if this guy is the better player????

Status
Not open for further replies.