Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We managed it came away with the points, awkward banana skin of a game. On paper Burnley had all the play per the stats but not the goals.
They are such a funny team because I don’t see what Kompany is trying to do with them players. It reminds me so much of Lampard. Let’s get the ball, play out from the back, encourage pressure, keep the ball, play it around, get forward, stop, keep the ball, have a chance, stop, keep the ball, create an opportunity, don’t take the shot. Its just Frank written all over it and unfortunately for Vincent his future there has got Frank written all over it aswell.

I would be sitting down with my coaching staff saying this isn’t working. Next few games we are going long ball, long goal kicks, I want players to win headers etc. He’s trying City tactics with players who let’s face it are really really poor.

Hopefully gives us as fans more confidence that win. Too many of us expecting nothing from that game yesterday. Away at Burnley for crying out loud.

We need to realise this team is a LOT tougher than it was even 12 months ago.

They are such a funny team because I don’t see what Kompany is trying to do with them players. It reminds me so much of Lampard. Let’s get the ball, play out from the back, encourage pressure, keep the ball, play it around, get forward, stop, keep the ball, have a chance, stop, keep the ball, create an opportunity, don’t take the shot. Its just Frank written all over it and unfortunately for Vincent his future there has got Frank written all over it aswell.

I would be sitting down with my coaching staff saying this isn’t working. Next few games we are going long ball, long goal kicks, I want players to win headers etc. He’s trying City tactics with players who let’s face it are really really poor.

because at end of the day he doesnt want to be a Burnley manager. he’s had a year of doing it in championship, and now struggling in prem but sticking to principles.

directors will see that and when a mid table prem side wants a progressive manager he’s in the line up for it

real sign of strong team spirit and instruction this year is that Godfrey and Keane have been out of favour and barely had a minute yet slot in and are arguably the two heroes of the game

Keane with the goal and a resolute back line display

Godfrey with that physics defining clearance at a crucial juncture of the game

Credit to Dobbin as well coming in at half time for one of our key players/runners. And to McNeil for slotting into a different role. Patterson had his moments too despite a bit of a rougher ride

Bodes really well for the rest of season with inevitable injuries and suspensions, and this busy xmas period

Shame on you, she even played for us

Izzy Christiansen - played and captained us up until last year. Excellent pundit - as is Sue Smith - another true blue.

Poor form from me. To be honest if anything joey Barton probably made me list more intently to what the analysis says… usually let it go over my head because rarely do I think it makes any difference.
Every now and again someone comes along and is different but after a while its drifts towards to middle ground or they become a parody of themselves…

Status
Not open for further replies.