Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Hi folks,

Could do with having a go at these. Watford were there for the taking and we failed. Burnley here are in a bad run of form so let's have a crack eh?

One player sure to get a good reception from all fans present will be Aaron Lennon, nice to see him getting football, shame to see him go but that's football.

First, crap, I only look at the pictures etc, :bye:

Everton 3-1

First

I pray we take it to them, and give it a proper go but I just can’t see it happening. Bore draw or a 1 nil to Burnley I fear.

I can't see anything other than a drab draw or defeat.

Since last season under Koeman, I have just given up hope for away games.

I used to think the time would come when the players would just roll up their sleeves and really have a go and try to win the odd away game but this never happens.

The tone is set in the first 15 minutes and its always the same. Expecting nothing regardless of the team picked.

This has all the makings of a classic .... potty I have given up watching , I'm really expecting a free flowing attacking game won 4-3 by a screamer from Rooney in the last minute

Even though these haven't won in the last 11 prem games they are actually quite solid at the back, and apart from conceding 3 against Spurs at the end of December they have drawn 1-1 or lost 1-0 in the majority of those games, so it's 1-1 for me.

Well one of 3 things will happen,this been Everton,Burnley will get 1st league win since dec 12th,get there 1st pen of season,or Lennon will score,saying that all 3 probably lol,got no feelings on this game as each week feels like we are not playing [which will probably change when a goal happens]

Let's look at the facts.
  • Players played once in nearly 3 weeks - everybody should be fresh
  • Enjoyed a lovely sunny training camp in Dubai
  • Were beaten at home by Burnley - surely seeking revenge
  • Manager urging them to improve away results
  • Burnley on a massive winless run
  • On the back of a painful defeat and surely wanting to put things right
  • Mori / Baines / Coleman surely in contention for this, esp Mori and Coleman
Basically, it all adds up to a comfortable Burnley victory. Going for 2:0.

Status
Not open for further replies.