Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been backing Silva and still thinks he should have a few games with gomes back in the mix but I really can't fathom why he persists with DCL up top and also doesn't make subs earlier.

I sort of see his two CDM given his first choices were both injured but why can't he change formation during a game when it doesn't work.

We only seem to show urgency and put a shift in when were down to ten men of facing a top six team.

T
What needs to be done...and I'm pretty sure Silva and Brands know this. What is wrong,partially, is that the so called 'project' is becoming a monkey on their back. Instead of or as well as taking on a young striker 'for the future' as part of the project, we needed a striker for the here and now with a chance of scoring in the Prem,dare I say it a Haller or a Wesley,both were available in the summer. So, Kean needs to start every game, or the next six at least,he needs to be thrown in at he deep end to effect things NOW, bugger the project for the moment. Next, find a way to get Bernard good game time, he will always give everything, can cause defences problems, and can get the crowd going. At the expense of Iwobi ….let Iwobi find some form, or earn a spot with some sub appearances. Next, use the break to sort out the defence re dead ball situations. The whole of the Prem know this is a major weakness and this must change,or it will be the coffin nail that sees Silva off,which would be a shame, because despite the current troubles, I think he 'gets' Everton. Brands let Silva down in the summer, re a centre back and in midfield....I think the last minute effort to sign Doucoure was an acknowledgement that Gomes has a weakness both physically and mentally. I think we should go for Doucoure or similar again in January, and more obviously, Zouma, who was popular with the GP crowd, and will put pressure on the current centre backs. Finally..Siggy is badly out of form and its effecting his attitude. Silva needs to make a decision about him. Bernard could be given a go a10,and would inject some flair and pace in that area . We have got a lot of decent players, and a few very good players, but they need an injection of confidence and also a little bit of luck in front of goal and the season could still be interesting. Over to you Mr Silva, and in January ,Mr Brands, correct your mistakes of the summer.
What a wall of words

Every single player went down the tunnel apart from Keane and Silva applauded the fans after the match? Is this true

I really don't see why Coleman got any votes for MOTM. To get himself sent off was totally irresponsible and while it may not directly have cost us the match, it certainly didn't help.

I didn't see the game and have only seen short highlights, so I haven't seen the foul that got Seamus his first yellow. But I did see the challenge that got him the second one and wonder, if he hadn't been booked already, whether the ref would have even deemed it a bookable offence? Okay the Burnley guy went down like a sack of spuds holding his face, but even Richarlison does a better Dying Swan impression than that. I'm not suggesting the sending off was the reason we got beat, it's more likely we got beat because we can't score and we can't defend set pieces, but it seems to be Everton that get decisions like this against us. Just saying.

Burnley played the same set piece from the corner in the first half, Hendrick coming at the far post. Why Silva or anyone on the staff watching this never picked up on it is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.