BU meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverEverton

Player Valuation: £40m
BU say the club are useless at communication, but why has no summary of the meeting been published yet? The meeting happened 3 days ago!!!

I could not be there as I live 280 miles away in Weymouth and a trip to Liverpool and back is just over 11 hours and huge financial costs in fuel etc......

The BU have supporters in other areas than just Liverpool and Evertonians in the city do underestimate our fan base. There are thousands of Evertonians in this part of the world with hundreds of small supporters clubs.

Just would like to know what happened and if there is anything planned. If there is a protest before a game I might well be able to get there.

Please keep us informed, TIME FOR CHANGE!!!

I'm assuming the holy one didn't lick their arse the way they would have liked and now they don't know what to say happened.

From the BU FB page:

As per the mandate from the 700 or so Evertonians gathered at the Blue Union Public Meeting on Saturday we contacted the Liverpool Echo. As ever we received a prompt and courteous response from John Thompson, the Sports Editor.

As you would expect John was defensive of our criticisms, however he did agree to our request for a meeting between the Blue Union and the Echos team, we await confirmation of a time and date. Rest assured we will keep you informed.

Further to the Echo report (53 words) on Monday. Everton Correspondent Greg O'Keeffe had contacted Blue Union Chair Dave Kelly late on Sunday evening. Dave reiterated that The Blue Union would not be commenting further to the Echo and that we would not cooperate with the publication until we were afforded the same coverage as other groups of a similar size, stature or dare we even say Everton Football Club.

From the BU FB page:

As per the mandate from the 700 or so Evertonians gathered at the Blue Union Public Meeting on Saturday we contacted the Liverpool Echo. As ever we received a prompt and courteous response from John Thompson, the Sports Editor.

As you would expect John was defensive of our criticisms, however he did agree to our request for a meeting between the Blue Union and the Echos team, we await confirmation of a time and date. Rest assured we will keep you informed.

Further to the Echo report (53 words) on Monday. Everton Correspondent Greg O'Keeffe had contacted Blue Union Chair Dave Kelly late on Sunday evening. Dave reiterated that The Blue Union would not be commenting further to the Echo and that we would not cooperate with the publication until we were afforded the same coverage as other groups of a similar size, stature or dare we even say Everton Football Club.

Had to mention it didn't they?

From the BU FB page:

So, have I read this right? A group of 700 souls think that coverage of their activities is deserving of the same size as Everton Football Club? God, they've got more balls than a rhino lol but good on them for boycotting the echo - they'll probably get more coverage in the Southport Examiner (no, I'm being honest, seriously)

Clearly I've misread this as all I wanted to know was what Howard said lol And I still don't know!!!!

The moral of don't burn all your bridges behind you comes to mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave reiterated that The Blue Union would not be commenting further to the Echo and that we would not cooperate with the publication until we were afforded the same coverage as other groups of a similar size, stature or dare we even say Everton Football Club.

Flawless contradiction in less than three lines.

Speechless.

Also I notice the holding image from their site has disappeared. All together now... copyright breach!

Amateur hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.