BU meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there was anything to report. I heard they had 1 and a half packs of ginger nut biscuits, serious meetings and stuff.

So, have I read this right? A group of 700 souls think that coverage of their activities is deserving of the same size as Everton Football Club? God, they've got more balls than a rhino lol but good on them for boycotting the echo - they'll probably get more coverage in the Southport Examiner (no, I'm being honest, seriously)

Clearly I've misread this as all I wanted to know was what Howard said lol And I still don't know!!!!

The moral of don't burn all your bridges behind you comes to mind

Same coverage from the Echo regarding stories concerning the financial mess the club are in - rather than that paper giving them monopoly to denounce anyone questioning that mess? Yes, that's spot on as a request.

How strange you should think it to be an unreasonable request.

Flawless contradiction in less than three lines.

Speechless.

That's not a contradiction, it's seeking a guarantee of parity (see above) in future dealings with the Echo.

700 wow. First reports were 4000.

Cant remember that being the case. Are you sure this wasn't an inner voice telling you it was 4000?

Must do better lads. Pretty poor sniping to be fair.

*Yawns*

I could do a 2 hour powerpoint if you'd prefer it?

And it is a contradiction. They want the ECHO to print something about them but refuse to give them anything to print. Childish.

I could do a 2 hour powerpoint if you'd prefer it?

And it is a contradiction. They want the ECHO to print something about them but refuse to give them anything to print. Childish.

No, it's not a contradiction. BU withholds any comment to the Echo until parity of coverage is assured.

Where is the contradiction in that?

Parity with whom? They already get more coverage than any other Everton supporters group.

Parity on matters concerning the debate over the financial meltdown....the right to a full reply to their organisation being denounced etc? How could that be seen as an unreasonable request in the context of the Echo's total coverage of anything and everything an LFC supporters group uttered in relation to their club's governance woes?

Some supporters are never happier it seems unless their calling their fellow supporters 'uppity' when they challenge the big massas word on things.

Tote that barge, lift that bale, lads.

Or maybe it's cos it's this Kelly fella, cos despite what they seem to think his organisation did not stop Kirkby. Same result but not their doing.

The legal enquiry stopped Kirkby, no argument.

But this Kelly fella, and his organisation drew the clubs attention to the fact the scheme could not pass legal objection as it was fundamentally flawed and contrary to planning law. This view was ignored by the "rich businessmen" running our club, and up to £10M was spunked away to sweet FA result.

But some great minds of our time criticise KEIOC rather than the club for this.

The legal enquiry stopped Kirkby, no argument.

But this Kelly fella, and his organisation drew the clubs attention to the fact the scheme could not pass legal objection as it was fundamentally flawed and contrary to planning law. This view was ignored by the "rich businessmen" running our club, and up to £10M was spunked away to sweet FA result.

But some great minds of our time criticise KEIOC rather than the club for this.

The thinking had to have been that 'the great God Tesco always gets its way regardless of small matters like regional development plans so it'll be sound'. The whole thing was high handed and arrogant.

Funnily enough, if the judgement was on any Sec of State's table now it'd get the nod through - such is the bias towards encouraging business growth over the environment under this cobbled together Coalition.

So will the blue union thing ever get of the ground?

Doesn't look very promising, a pressure group that cant/wont apply pressure because they wont communicate with anyone.

I recomend "People who want stuff, just dont ask us what" as the name of the next incarnation of KEIOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.