BT Sport Films - tonight 9pm - Two Tribes - Merseyside football through the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a guess and say it'll have loads of Kopites with muzzies and wedge haircuts saying: "Eh lad, Libpool fc invented anti-Thatcherism and Shanks woz Karl Marx's mate in der Paris Commune an' our fans created Adidas Samba, Mamba and Beckenbauer...and Fila trackies...an' Ayzul stadium woz built to fall down and discredit uz ter make uz look like killers an' dat...oh, an' sum Everton fans are sound but most are bitter an' ferever-in-r-shadowz etc etc".

You can bet your bottom dollar on that Dave. Look at all the koipites who have been TV pundits!

Really good programme. Enjoyed it apart the 3 cup final defeats. Even when we were very good they still did a number on us.

Just shown Heysel and absolutely no LFC bias. Talk of the city being embarrassed, how it was swept under the carpet by Liverpool, etc. Very fair.

Was very much expecting excuses or it completely being bypassed but to be fair it was unbiased as you said.

Just saw McMahon saying we bottled the 85/86 season and I lost it....
Suppose it was decent enough
Why do ex-RS have to be so snide? (especially annoying given that he had been a blue).
No-one said that they blew it in '87 when they had a big lead.

Last 10 games of 85/86
Everton Won 6 Drew 2 Lost 2 = 20 points.
RS Won 9 Drew 1 Lost 0 = 28 points.
RS won by 2 points. We blew a 6 point lead.

Last 10 games of 86/87 season.
Everton Won 8 Drew 1 Lost 1 = 25 points.
RS Won 3 Drew 1 Lost 6 = 10 points.
We won by 9 points. They blew a 6 point lead.

It was a similar scenario although it could be argued that they blew it more.

Watched it today, was very good. I for one, not being from Liverpool, didn’t realise how bad things were. Knew all about the riots etc but didn’t appreciate what people/families were going through. Fair play to Mark Larwenson for his comments over Heysel.

Watched it today, was very good. I for one, not being from Liverpool, didn’t realise how bad things were. Knew all about the riots etc but didn’t appreciate what people/families were going through. Fair play to Mark Larwenson for his comments over Heysel.
I'm having to wait until it gets repeated on BT sports later next week. However, if there's even an attempt to be reasonable and give fair coverage of the Heysel disaster then it will be a 100% improvement over the usual mildly embarrassed whitewash its previously received.

As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't be in existence as a football orgamisation and if it'd have been Everton I'd have turned my back on them the day after it happened. I dont care for the arguments that run "it could have been us". I resent that intensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.