Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall pickford
stevens Sidibe
van den hauwe. Digne
ratcliffe. mina
mountfield. Keane
steven. Walcott
sheedy. bernard
reid. Gomes
bracewell. Davies
sharp iwobi
gray. Richarlison

remember that sigg, Delph, Kean, etc aren’t named here. It’s not a weak squad. But the names on the left are packed with winners and leaders, heart and determination. On the right?...

This was a massive game for Silva. Unfortunately, this confirms the impression that Everton under Silva has not developed in a positive direction. Last year we had a point average of 1.42, so far this year we are at 1. To get equal to the number of points last year we now need an average of 1.55. That means we have to win almost half of the remaining matches. Right now it seems very unlikely, and although Silva was able to do this (which is disproved by past experience), there is still no positive development.

We also can't say that we have taken any steps when it comes to the football we play. All warning lights are on. Hopefully the club has a plan and has begun the process of a possible replacement. We can of course discuss whether the players hold the top six level, but at the same time, the potential of the squad is better than what is being performed as of today. A coach's job, after all, is precisely through training, and tactical skill to get players in total to perform better than their individual qualities.

Southall pickford
stevens Sidibe
van den hauwe. Digne
ratcliffe. mina
mountfield. Keane
steven. Walcott
sheedy. bernard
reid. Gomes
bracewell. Davies
sharp iwobi
gray. Richarlison

remember that sigg, Delph, Kean, etc aren’t named here. It’s not a weak squad. But the names on the left are packed with winners and leaders, heart and determination. On the right?...
Left is alkies and wife beaters mate.

VARce. All it has done is add more bad decisions to a game that already had bad decisions.

More people deciding what happened just means more potential for people to see something different, more people getting things wrong.

I don't see the point in VAR. The amount of time it wastes compared to how many wrong things happen getting adjusted correctly simply does not compute. Every match I have seen (not just Everton) decisions that should have been made still get missed or misread just like before VAR. So all the tumbleweed time it takes for decisions to be made or goal celebrations that get sickeningly muted, it's a miserable waste of time.

This does not change the fact that Silva and also the players simply are not doing their job properly... this team should not be losing this many games.

I thought there was an outside possibility the West Ham result was a turnaround.

No. It wasn't.

To capitulate like they did at the end today, VAR or not, is simply not good enough.

I remember on this forum before Silva arrived people repeatedly pointing out Silva's lack of defensive nous. And maybe that would be forgivable if Everton were scoring more than they are conceding.

But they're not.

Well hearing that you have convinced me ! I don't know about any sane person but I see your point ,didn't see anything and want the manager gone ! This is the way all decisions should be made .Don't see anything listen to a biased report and sack everyone ! Brilliant .
I work away, I also pay near £600 for my season ticket, so yes, I want him gone. We are turd and it’s because of him

Had texts from my mates in the home end who also said that was worse they’ve played and although we weren’t impressive it was a game and day to take three points off them
Sums up us at the moment

A. That is palpably not true. We were relegated in 1930 and 1951
B. That is a very rash comment
Frankly what a stupid reply!!! Of course they were relegated 70 and 90 odd years ago, any fool can see that. Don't you get the point? Unlike most of the rest of the clubs we stand out as one that "is not a relegation candidate", a record that few or none can emulate. Never mind. Get back to your history manual.

Frankly what a stupid reply!!! Of course they were relegated 70 and 90 odd years ago, any fool can see that. Don't you get the point? Unlike most of the rest of the clubs we stand out as one that "is not a relegation candidate", a record that few or none can emulate. Never mind. Get back to your history manual.
I think you are the fool
You said we don’t get relegated yet we have
What “is not a relegation candidate” mean ?
History is irrelevant
And why do you tell me to get back to my history manual? I was quoting facts
No club is immune to relegation
Get real

Status
Not open for further replies.