Match Thread Brighton & H Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different context, but I was reminded of the FA Cup tie against Sheff Weds, was it 4 replays and then we beat them 5-0 or was it 5-1 at Hillsborough.

Be interesting to know how many times we've scored 5 or more away since the 80s.
Yes I was at all of those games including the last one away.

Still time to vote if you haven't already - poll doesn't close till 7.33pm UK time on Saturday;);)

Completely different context, but I was reminded of the FA Cup tie against Sheff Weds, was it 4 replays and then we beat them 5-0 or was it 5-1 at Hillsborough.

Be interesting to know how many times we've scored 5 or more away since the 80s.
I know you mention the 80s but ... We beat Wednesday 3-0 at Hillsborough in a 3rd round replay in 1965, I was 12 then & didn't go, but I recall the highlights being shown on the Beeb I think late at night, loads of Blues behind the goal in their end (then lost to Leeds). Other big away wins from past times when I was lucky to be there - stuffing West Brom 6-2 at the Hawthornes in 1968 (we know what happened a few weeks later - typical), the next season beating West Ham 4-1 on a Monday night in August at Upton Park, then a couple of months later smashing Southampton 5-2 at the Dell. Happy Days!

The season Bob Latchford scored 30+ league goals, I think we won 5-1 or 5-0 away on a couple of occasions - against Leicester and QPR if I remember correctly. We might have beaten Chelsea 6-2 at home on the final day to get Bob to the 30 goal mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.