Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Alan Shearer said on Match of the Day: our players gave their absolute all. They slogged their guts out.

They’re just not talented enough. It’s as simple as that. Not their fault really.

I dread to think how the derby match will go. I can see us losing by a record, maybe as many as seven. And the RS are not even that good. They certainly won’t win the league.

Too vague a request. Let me ask you who you would have had as captain in the last few years instead, and on what criteria you would be judging success?

Its too "vague a request" to say whether Coleman is the worst 'long term' captain in the last 30 odd years? 40 odd years? More?

You his neighbour or something lol

He should be sacked.

Worse manager than Benitez?....Silva, Koeman, second season Martinez, and theres a case for Moyes and a few others. Captain? Coleman probably one of the best. Some were a bit nondescipt. Not really had many outstanding skippers since Labby until Coleman, but Billy Wright comes to mind as very poor. Some were skipper simply because they were the best player...Bally, Vernon etc.

No Steve. No.

I cant even argue with you...its all so very wrong.

I've not long finished watching. Not wholly surprised at the result but Rondon on for the full 90? , only one sub made?, no variation? no plan B?

Everything was just too slow, too predictable. No class, no quality, no variation.

That needed 3 subs with 20 to go, Rondon off, go 4-3-3.

Holy crap these are grim times. Again.

As Alan Shearer said on Match of the Day: our players gave their absolute all. They slogged their guts out.

They’re just not talented enough. It’s as simple as that. Not their fault really.

I dread to think how the derby match will go. I can see us losing by a record, maybe as many as seven. And the RS are not even that good. They certainly won’t win the league.

If you go through our keeper across our defence and centre midfield theyre all internationals, former internationals or highly regarded players.

Then Gordon (u21), Townsend (former england), Richarlison (Brazil), Gray (turning a corner), Rondon (Venezuela), DCL (England)

Individually on paper the team and squad are far better than most of the teams weve failed to beat.

What was the point of having Simms and Dobbin on the bench if you don't even use them when we are losing?

Matchday experience, so he can claim he had youth on the bench in X amount of fixtures?

No other idea...

Its too "vague a request" to say whether Coleman is the worst 'long term' captain in the last 30 odd years? 40 odd years? More?

You his neighbour or something lol

He should be sacked.

No Steve. No.

I cant even argue with you...its all so very wrong.
You know full well Zats, that if you can't argue with it, it must be right. Give up your nonsense.

You know full well Zats, that if you can't argue with it, it must be right. Give up your nonsense.

In your words:

Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Moyes

All worse than Benitez. I note you added some caveats like "second season", i could do the same "in one game many years ago XYZ was a better manager"....its not NONSENSE you posted though is it, Steve?

The records of all four of those managers as well as every other manager since Mike Walker is better than Benitez

So im not sure what youre on about.

Ad above, I didnt say it was nonsense but, quite obviously i dont need to.

As for Coleman youve put him with Labone and Ball etc.

It really isnt hard...Watson, Jagielka and even vice captains such as Arteta, Cahill along with that weird manc Neville were all far better than Coleman.

Hes NOT a captain. Never leads by example, isnt the best player...just a non entity.

Perhaps you have some insider feedback from the club about what he does outside of the pitch. Im sure hes a very nice bloke and can see he gives to charity (lowers his taxes) but that has nothing to do with his captaincy of failure.

Again, i wouldnt call your post nonsense because, i obviously dont need to.

It was a ramble of nonsense :)

Just seen the clip of our bravehearts getting booed .
Realisation that our club is broken.
Worse than that Coventry game?
I was there and the booing wasn't as venomous, in fact dare I say half hearted.
We was annoyed at that time but none of that carry on.

Just seen the clip of our bravehearts getting booed .
Realisation that our club is broken.
Worse than that Coventry game?
I was there and the booing wasn't as venomous, in fact dare I say half hearted.
We was annoyed at that time but none of that carry on.
If you don't give 100% every week and show bravery on the pitch then they deserve criticism. Their efforts in the last 2 months have been abysmal.

If you don't give 100% every week and show bravery on the pitch then they deserve criticism. Their efforts in the last 2 months have been abysmal.
No disputing that.
But any other workplace that happens something gets done.
It's difficult to clear decks as it is in any workplace, you can't just sack people,but the answer, I don't know.
Fans vote with their feet?
Why should fans ,who've paid a lot of money miss out on a day out,which when I went it was,meet before the game ,straight into town after.

Honestly think if Calvert Lewin or even richarlison play yesterday we win that game comfortably. The crosses into the box from Gray are bread and butter for DCL and richarlison would have finished the two chances Rondon had IMO.

Honestly think if Calvert Lewin or even richarlison play yesterday we win that game comfortably. The crosses into the box from Gray are bread and butter for DCL and richarlison would have finished the two chances Rondon had IMO.
You could also argue Simms or Dobbin might have scored one of them chances had they been given a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.