Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we need winners in the team, we have none

Meh we just need good players.

'Winners' is an overused term. We have Delph who's won a few titles, we have Digne who has won things with PSG and Barca, DCL scored the winner in a youth World Cup final, Richarlison has just won Olympic gold and scored a crucial pen in a Copa America final.

Good players win things. Helped by good managers.

I thought Delph might gave been brought on today but they are probably trying to manage his minutes on the field.

Iwobi really contributes nothing and today Townsend was not any better.
I was disappointed in Gordon who got a lot of possession but never looked threatening.
I actually thought Rondon looked better today, but we really didn't create any really worthwhile chances.

I voted fro Gray as motm because in the few minutes he was on the pitch I thought he did more to create than all the others did all game.

Looks a pen from the still but the reason Rondon didn’t appeal is because he was trying to pin the defender and stop him getting to the ball which was heading straight onto Doucoure’s head.
You could see Rondons nipples as his shirt was pulled that far over his head, why not call it out you ridiculous Everton players supposingly representing the shirt.... No, why not you effing cowards, can you be bothered...

If that was the Shoite or even that shitey Brentford team then they would appeal that, Brentford appealled everything.
They won that game before our knobslpashes even turned up
We do not challenge any single argument unlike any normal team we let them overun us. From the first stand of any argument as a football club we do not react, we are pathetic...

Pathetic... Our weak Captain reeks of surrender and then pretends to promote we are the fair play honest No1 absolute joker of a team that represents the premier League, f off Kenwright. We stand by on the pitch day by day, just waiting to get screwed over and over again and happily say thanks, as a club we absolutely stink and that starts from Bills ball-sack, we need to start being shoitebags in our first tackle at the minimum.

That's a Bill thing,

My older brother reckons John Moss was the VAR ref today - when Rondon got his shirt pulled off up to neck high in the box ?
We never claimed, but neither did they for Townsend's boot in the face

With him at the helm v Spurs denying us a nailed on pen on VAR ....

He does not seem to like us much ?
Difference is the game kept going after the shirt pull whereas the Brentford lad spent so much time laying on the floor like he'd been shot it forced the VAR people go check what serious thing the ref must have missed.

Difference is the game kept going after the shirt pull whereas the Brentford lad spent so much time laying on the floor like he'd been shot it forced the VAR people go check what serious thing the ref must have missed.
so Rondon should have ran and got himself in the refs face until the ref was forced to refer to var. The players have given up, selling our slightly better ones will put us out of our misery and see us in the lower divisions for a long time. Maybe its for the best.

MOTD 2 pundits we should have had that shirt pull pen ......
Of course we should, but I was merely pointing out that a bloke laying on the floor as if dead for 5 minutes is always going to draw far more attention than a quick shirt pull, especially when even the guy being pulled didn't say anything. The minute VAR or referees start giving penalties for shirt pulling, however rightly, is the minute we see 20 pens a game every game because they then have to be 'consistent' with it. Hence why shirt pulls rarely result in anything when it's in the box.

Of course we should, but I was merely pointing out that a bloke laying on the floor as if dead for 5 minutes is always going to draw far more attention than a quick shirt pull, especially when even the guy being pulled didn't say anything. The minute VAR or referees start giving penalties for shirt pulling, however rightly, is the minute we see 20 pens a game every game because they then have to be 'consistent' with it. Hence why shirt pulls rarely result in anything when it's in the box.
It was a bit more than a shot tug. - it was like he wanted To cons shirt to mop his floor at home with lol

I'm going to say it. That was the best I have seen Iwobi play for us. Sure, it's a low benchmark and I am not suggesting he was great. But he always looked for the ball, managed to beat his player a few times and some of his passes actually went to an Everton player.
He can be accused of many things, but he never seems to go missing and always tries to find space to receive the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.