Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Everton were the family pet, we'd be ringing the vets about now to get them put out their misery

Few thoughts I've had today...

Are we skint? Or restrained by FFP? What is the likely penalty for breaching FFP? We're dropping like a stone. A 5 point deduction for overspending might make sense.

Not giving king any game time, then letting him walk away. How the hell have we come to that decision?

Normally after a loss I get a bit of grief from you know who. Not much today... We're that bad I'm getting pity

Not even going to bother paying any attention for this midweek game coming up

Who would want to write about that shower? Can’t blame them for not bothering, it’s boring now, we’re a shambles.
That's the point I'm making. Any other similar club, say West Ham they'd be getting it big style.
Last time I saw a team visibly implode so early in the season, and have people saying even in October that they would be relegated was Manchester City in the eighties. That's what happened they picked up only a handful of wins between then and April and they went down. Where can you see our next win? I can't see one at all. The whole club ethos is stinks at present.
On a side note do those advocating the U23 players being given a chance ever watch their games? They're atrocious.

Well that was the worst result of the season for me.
Brentford were very poor and were there for the taking. I lost count of how many times they gave the ball back to us.
Not a terrible performance (other than not protesting about the Rondon 'penalty') but definitely the worst result so far.
It was our last chance to get 3 pts out of one of the next 5 games. Is Kevin Brock still playing anywhere?

Just watching the Chelsea v United game now.

Super-imposing the Everton players over the Chelsea players in my mind really shows the gulf between the two teams. Every single Chelsea player looks sharper, faster and more comfortable on the ball.

Antonio Rudiger has offered more going forward than any of our attacking players did today and the game is only 20 minutes old.
We do have one thing in common, so far they've not been able to score either...

I feel sorry for the genuinely good players we have who show a bit of passion but their team mates are letting them down. Just looking at the reaction from the fans at full time, it's a shame. But collectively, this is NOT good enough for Everton Football Club. No one should accept it.
We don’t have any of those

We had another manager, only a few months ago. He didn’t play the kids either. Why? Because they’re not up to it yet! The time to put the kids in is when the team are playing well & cruising through games. Putting them in now won’t do them any good. They’ll just get crucified by the fans. I can see it happening to Anthony Gordon already.
Eh? Where? When?

I ask the question in all seriousness, is there anyone in this club that has shown true quality this year.

Doucoure and Pickford maybe have shown they are above the rest but that’s not saying much.

I have honestly never seen a squad I have so much dislike for ever

Players have downed tools

If Everton were the family pet, we'd be ringing the vets about now to get them put out their misery

Few thoughts I've had today...

Are we skint? Or restrained by FFP? What is the likely penalty for breaching FFP? We're dropping like a stone. A 5 point deduction for overspending might make sense.

Not giving king any game time, then letting him walk away. How the hell have we come to that decision?

Normally after a loss I get a bit of grief from you know who. Not much today... We're that bad I'm getting pity

Not even going to bother paying any attention for this midweek game coming up

If we get docked 5pts we could be relegated

Never read such tripe

Name me a worse long term Everton captain?

This is such a jarg comment.

This is the type of thinking that made Brexit happen. Let’s all stop giving money to causes other than us, it’ll lead to absolutely boss outcomes.

EITC are an absolutely shining light of work within the (working class) community from supporting food banks to working with disabled children. Our PR team do a good job of amplifying it - but it’s not the absolutely be all and end all of Everton. I for one am proud of EITC and all clubs should do more to support their community roots the club was borne from. Let’s not get that confused with the utter garbage we’re served up every week.
?

Looked like Gordon was stood there looking genuinely hurt by it to me and others (possibly Coleman) came over to pull him away.

At the end two players seemed to turn back in some sort of protest about what the fans were saying. I can’t be sure but it looked like Keane and Coleman to me
Thanks for the info.
Can understand it from Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.