• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm free

Attachments

• JohnInman.jpg
    JohnInman.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 50
I am detecting that our band of brave brothers, our lionhearts, are not getting much love from the GOT fraternity : a perfectly understandable sentiment, I might add. This Everton team is a difficult one to like; a more craven pusillanimous, spineless straggle of a squad, one would be hard-pressed to find.

I am detecting that our band of brave brothers, our lionhearts, are not getting much love from the GOT fraternity : a perfectly understandable sentiment, I might add. This Everton team is a difficult one to like; a more craven pusillanimous, spineless straggle of a squad, one would be hard-pressed to find.
The fact it falls to pieces with a few out when it isn't particularly gritty anyway tells you everything as does the constant capitulation in games we are "expected to win".

If I was DCL, Richy Pickford, I'd be doing the same....face it, they are not going to be content with annual mid table mediocrity/possible relegation battles, Benitez or no Benitez.
How much lower do we have to go until those "running" EFC wake up and realise they are actually ruining our once great club.
Even Pep, Tuchel and Dr teeth would have their work cut out to make a difference atm.
After 60 years watching Everton I am rapidly approaching the point of NEA.
What a mess of a club
How about DCL, Pickford and Richarlson start pulling their finger out every week to make Everton better
DCL hasn’t hardly been on the pitch this year
Pickford has cost us more points than any keeper I can remember the last 2 years
Richarlson as a player flatters to deceive and needs to do much more as a player. Christ he’s hardy played and is suspended already. Wouldn’t be too bothered if he lest TBH as he doesn’t do the business enought. One in 6 games is a poor return

The grock Toney is going to wipe the floor with Michael Keane. It's inevitable. Keane always seems to go to pieces in televised games, and Toney's strengths match up perfectly against Keane's weaknesses.
I think this match will be a turning point for us.....as long as he doesn't play rondon...give the youngsters a chance...COYB.

Don't care who is out ultimately anything other than a result is unacceptable. The excuses in the Benitez thread seem to suggest some people are trying to protect him. It's a results business.

I don't know how you can even call them bottlers when we never play games that mean everything
They get paid mind-boggling sums. They are supposedly some of the very best players on the planet but surely PART of that definition should be a professional, competitive mindset - part of THAT mindset should include the attitude that Every. Game. Matters

Keane, to my amateur observation, possesses one of the most fragile mindsets I've ever seen in professional sport. Someone who crumbles under pressure as regularly as he does is, to my understanding, a bottler.

They get paid mind-boggling sums. They are supposedly some of the very best players on the planet but surely PART of that definition should be a professional, competitive mindset - part of THAT mindset should include the attitude that Every. Game. Matters

Keane, to my amateur observation, possesses one of the most fragile mindsets I've ever seen in professional sport. Someone who crumbles under pressure as regularly as he does is, to my understanding, a bottler.
I think you can also understand it without assassinating the character of all of our players. I appreciate that most Evertonians choose not to do that, that all of our problems are because of laziness, lack of composure, cowardice, whatever, but it really is possible not to do it.

For Keane as an example you could just understand that he's a decent CB who doesn't have the athleticism to handle being exposed to players dribbling at him and that on the ball he has limited ability to play under pressure due to his slowness and so-so technique. As such he's a player who in a well constructed system can be pretty effective and who rapidly falls apart when the team around him does. You can say all these things and you don't even have to personally attack him! But Evertonians largely don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.