Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a long time ago we were in the top 4 and looking good. We’ve been dropping steadily since then and the injuries are biting. I’ve said it before, if we can’t get to 20 pts by Xmas we’re in big trouble.
We've been worse off after gameweek 12 the season Koeman and Silva went i believe with 12 and 14 pts respectively. We ended up OK after both those. At the end of the day Benitez has mad injury crisis going on with key players, another player who won't feature this season as he's in trouble with the law and James throwing his dummy out and going to Dubai. That's two key players from last season who probably would have made a difference to our situation this season. Even if only as squad players. When Doucoure, Mina and DCL plus other fringe players like Gomes etc are back you'd expect we'd start getting points and moving up the board but I agree it could be an uncomfortable Christmas time until then.

I am NOT advocating for Rondon to be picked, but when on Earth has Tosun ever "put in a shift" for us??!
He runs around and tries his best look he is badly average lacks pace and probably not up to this level but he has a go, and at least he can put a chance away, Rondon cannot physically do anything. If I had to choose of the three I would start Simms myself but we know Benitez won't, so Tosun of him and Rondon.

He runs around and tries his best look he is badly average lacks pace and probably not up to this level but he has a go, and at least he can put a chance away, Rondon cannot physically do anything. If I had to choose of the three I would start Simms myself but we know Benitez won't, so Tosun of him and Rondon.

It truly is a terrible set of options to pick between.

I'd probably be edging towards Tosun myself but that's purely on the basis that I've actually seen him have a shot on goal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.