Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentford play a 3 man defence and most likely will play 3-4-3 so our best attack will be width so whether we unlock Digne's attacking attributes and cover Coleman's defensive limitations and play 5 man defence with hopefully Mina back alongside Keane and Godfrey.

Middle of the park is another question mark because against Spurs and City, we never made a dent or contained the ball enough and support Richarlison.

Allan and Delph looked leggy but they have plenty of game management and experience but Onyango must be close to pushing them. Townsend will be best applied wide but if we go 5 at the back we could

Upfront we have a problem with no DCL or Richarlison for a must win game and our options are Gordon, Rondon, Tosun, Iwobi, Simms and Dobbin.

You know Rondon will get the call and he will do nothing so I hope Gordon starts because I think he will offer width and pace and we hope to get some minutes for Dobbin/Simms.

Benitez is very Jurassic so expect 4-2-3-1 and the same result:

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Allan - Delph
Townsend - Iwobi - Gordon
Rondon

I would hope we would protect the facts that we are defensive dreadful and too narrow. For me I would look at 5-4-1 and never see Rondon or Iwobi play a game for Everton ever again:

Pickford
Coleman - Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Townsend - Delph - Allan - Gordon
Simms

I expect a defeat but hope for a miracle.

The injuries have shorn us of creativity and attacking threat.

We are missing DCL, Gray, Richarlison, Doucoure and Mina. Half our team. It’s just impossible.

a draw would endorse my strength of feeling and loyalty toward the resolute steadfastness residing within the heart of our brave lionhearts. Sadly I feel a loss is imminent...but Goodison will be full next w'end supporting this smack of jellyfish we call Everton FC...so all's good.

It's so bleak looking at available squad on paper, but have to try and be positive somehow. Just show some fookin desire and try and get up em. Try and stop the rot somehow. But I will still be drinking heavily to cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.