Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff Doucoure back - Gray rightfully not risked unless necessary and behave lads we have no one else other than Rondon it would be Richarlison if he never acted oot in petulance.
You did notice there's 3 forwards on the bench . One of them is Cenk granted but is he was choice than Rolling Rondon ?

State of this team, bench makes you want to cry. Here’s to the future, where at some point in time you hope it’s going to get better and we won’t have to hear names like Iwobi, Tosun, Rondon, Keane, Delph, Coleman and whoever else needs adding to that list.
I'll worry about the state of the starting 11 with iwobi and rondon starting

You did notice there's 3 forwards on the bench . One of them is Cenk granted but is he was choice than Rolling Rondon ?

Toshuns no better so there is no point fuming I could understand if we had a Giroud or Richarlison getting splinters on the bench its just tedious every week listening to the fume over the same no mark options available to the bloke.

I get he has little choice, but you can't win games in this league with Iwobi and Rondon both starting.

I know Gray isn't 100% fit so he can't start, but I'd have gone Delph for Iwobi and go 4-5-1 and look to nick something on the counter.

As it stands, can't see much hope of anything but a draw here.
This is my main frustration with Benitez - his insistence with sticking with this 4-4-1-1 system.

I get that it works better with Doucoure in it, that's fine. But he's coming back from six weeks out. Allan has a muscle strain so he's not trained fully. Brentford play a midfield three and it's not like Rondon and Iwobi are worth the trade off.

If we're going to play Rondon then we need to get players around him. 4-4-1-1 isolates whoever the forward is.

We need a platform to build from. Win the midfield battle. Go solid for the first hour and you have Gray to bring on and, if you desperately need someone to uselessly run around for 10 minutes, Iwobi at the end.

If he's starting Townsend central again then that's going to negate the few things Iwobi is good at and take away from Townsend's game too. Really, really frustrating.

Not been funny Tubes, but we have 3 first teamers out, Brentford by my count have the same. Our squad isn't worse than theirs.

Toshuns no better so there is no point fuming I could understand if we had a Giroud or Richarlison getting splinters on the bench its just tedious every week listening to the fume over the same no mark options available to the bloke.
Simms . We have to give him a chance at some point otherwise there's no point .
Hell we have given Slowmo Salomon enough of them .

Rondon's done absolutely NOTHING to warrant a place in that team. NOTHING whatsoever. Even throwing in one of the kids at this point would be a better option. The no mark option here IS Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.