Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really where we are all at.

It’s all about damage limitation now and wondering if we will be able to string an actual move together, or start on the front foot for a change, or which is the latest bottle job of a player who doesn’t fancy actually turning up and earning their wages.
I’m sick to death of it mate, we all as kids dreamt of putting on that royal blue shirt and running out at Goodison and giving our all, now we’re being represented by a bunch of fonie’s who don’t seem to give a damn.

I
I have to say I am not too convinced by Branthwaite yet but I really want something different to try to shake things up. So one in midfield and one up front, deffo. Young, keen, fearless and unknown to the opposition!! Or same

I have to say I am not too convinced by Branthwaite yet but I really want something different to try to shake things up. So one in midfield and one up front, deffo. Young, keen, fearless and unknown to the opposition!! Or same old??
Me neither to be honest mate,he wasn't great on loan at Blackburn apparently, but we are paying these kids decent dough,just think it's time we started utilising our limited options.

Just share a quick story with you guys.

Few years ago I was in asda Bolton when I saw a young lad wearing an Everton shirt. I asked him who his favourite players were.
He said Ross and Rom. I then asked him to choose just one. He said Ross.

It reminded me that we still had some hope not that long ago.
Then Everton made some terrible decisions and kept doing so like a boss.
RB joined in and made a bad decision in how he joined Chelsea.

Since then we have gone backwards in quality at an alarming rate..
Sure, currently if we have everybody fit our first 11 might give a game.
But beyond that 11 we stink the place out.

Changing the manager with this squad will make negligible difference.
You might change the style, but you wont change the results over a period because the players are just not good enough.

We are not a well run club and haven't been for a long time. Throwing money around hasn't fixed anything.

As fans, all we can do is do what we do every match do and get behind the team.
Today is going to be tough and it's only going to get tougher.

Up the toffees. ;)

Just share a quick story with you guys.

Few years ago I was in asda Bolton when I saw a young lad wearing an Everton shirt. I asked him who his favourite players were.
He said Ross and Rom. I then asked him to choose just one. He said Ross.

It reminded me that we still had some hope not that long ago.
Then Everton made some terrible decisions and kept doing so like a boss.
RB joined in and made a bad decision in how he joined Chelsea.

Since then we have gone backwards in quality at an alarming rate..
Sure, currently if we have everybody fit our first 11 might give a game.
But beyond that 11 we stink the place out.

Changing the manager with this squad will make negligible difference.
You might change the style, but you wont change the results over a period because the players are just not good enough.

We are not a well run club and haven't been for a long time. Throwing money around hasn't fixed anything.

As fans, all we can do is do what we do every match do and get behind the team.
Today is going to be tough and it's only going to get tougher.

Up the toffees. ;)
Sad and true, cheered me right up thanks lol

Anyone know the away pub?
Not sure what the official one is, but if you get off the tube at Kew Gardens station, there’s a bunch round there which will have space and let you in, about a 25 min walk to the ground. Tap on the line or KGH. Or by Kew green, there’s a bunch there like the Greyhound.

Failing that, there’s a bunch by Kew Bridge, although that’s probably a bit close to the ground, The Tavern is a decent shout, but it’ll probably be just Brentford fans.

You could try east down the river a bit, there’s a few there as well.

Not totally sure since the ground has been build, I haven’t been the pubs around match time, but that’s my best local knowledge for you

Status
Not open for further replies.