Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season with Carlo it was Fulham, West Ham, Sheff Utd and Burnley at home. The common denominator is that shower of a group of players.

The common denominator is that we are too obvious. Plus injuries. Carlo we win a bunch of games at the start. People figured us out, they sat deep and countered (which was why we got beat at home).

This year we're too direct and obvious and we can't get behind the defence. One Rondon is too slow, two, no one can thread a pass through.

All our goals have dried up even with demarai gray and townsend playing.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm not surprised: we've not seen a victory since September, a number of lacklustre performances and the derby against a marauding RS next.
My only hope is that we somehow return to the early - mid 90s when we'd do them against the form book at Goodison (Ferguson and Cadamarteri derbies for example). But I really aren't confident.

I can just see it now. A great new stadium with a crap team to play in it, although knowing our luck it’s been made from chipboard and will rot away in a few years leaving us with no ground.

Never thought I'd see the day but I'm half hoping the RS do us a favour by giving us a right pummelling Wednesday night to end this shambles. I know we currently have no strength in depth but to keep playing a striker with a 0 in 10 goals return for us suggests Benitez is just being bloody minded, and what can it be doing to the confidence of those below Rondon in Benitez' pecking order if he's so sure that he's better than them. Thank god we have those 15 points we picked up early and plenty of games to get ourselves out of trouble. I really thought Benitez could do a job for us but he looks finished and if he carries on like this he is taking us down. We're definitely not too good to go down at the mo' and the more we play the more we appear to be to poor to stay up.
He's just doing what he always does, what some of us expected, he's pitting himself against the owners without taking any responsibility, a very r/s trait.
Bloody-mindedness for the sake of it, obstinate, stubborn, arrogant and with nothing but ancient history, somewhere else, to back it up.

Rb clearly doesnt inspire the players. They are not scared of him, fear his wrath, worried about what he thinks. Hes on a hiding to nothing with this bunch of prima donnas.
I thought he was Mr Discipline but hes clearly a teddy bear.
The players are awful at playing and the manager useless at managing.
Bring back the " dogs of war" before its too late
In his past jobs he would just bin them all off and spend loads on new players or have that threat hanging over players so they perform anyway.

No idea why we signed a manager who needs money to perform when we had no money.

it would actually be hilarious that Rafael relegates us (and then we'd have to pay out his contract to fire him).

Status
Not open for further replies.